Anyone know what these brackets go to?

MrBClark

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone know what these brackets go to? I have been working on changing the head and the stupid intake manifold has taken over 10 hours. Pretty much everything major is on but not sure what these go to. They do not seen too important but still would like them on if I can find where they go.

20191109_192227.jpg

Last edited:
Did you figure it out? I'm not sure where they go, and this is probably a ridiculous reply, but they look very similar to a manual pull lever. Like those used for hood and seat latches. The plastic peg/clip is the part that has me doubting that thought though.

Reactions: Chris
Looks like a wire harness retainer bracket for the intake manifold. I can see one very similar at the rear of my intake mounted on the same bolt as the fuel rail.

20160430_202025.jpg

Yea never figured it out. At this point nothing has blown up so I think it's fine without them. 😂
Did you figure it out? I'm not sure where they go, and this is probably a ridiculous reply, but they look very similar to a manual pull lever. Like those used for hood and seat latches. The plastic peg/clip is the part that has me doubting that thought though.

• Haha
Reactions: bedhed
They use the same bolt as the far right and left side of the fuel rail. The plastic pieces on mine broke however, so I just zip tied mine to the fuel rail to keep them up.
20191118_180106.jpg
20191118_180120.jpg

Yeah, I'd go with the idea @Nordic suggested. That makes much more sense than a pair of handles. Not sure who brought that idea up.😳Weird.

Yeah, I'd go with the idea @Nordic suggested. That makes much more sense than a pair of handles. Not sure who brought that idea up.😳Weird.
😂 😂 yea well I had absolutely no clue at all. I got the head and everything back together and saw these brackets and was like "yea, just gonna pretend I didnt see those. " if something blew up, then I would know my issue.

• Haha
To make a ziptie standoff, cut a piece of 1/4. I.d. hose 1" long or whatever length you need.

Run the zip tie around whatever your anchor point is , through the hose , around whatever you are securing , back through the hose , around the anchor point and into the zip fitting .

Dirt bike trick for keeping hoses off exhausts.

To make a ziptie standoff, cut a piece of 1/4. I.d. hose 1" long or whatever length you need.

Run the zip tie around whatever your anchor point is , through the hose , around whatever you are securing , back through the hose , around the anchor point and into the zip fitting .

Dirt bike trick for keeping hoses off exhausts.
I use that idea for the body clips on my RCs, using bright colored zip ties and colored fuel tubing so they're easier to find when the get knocked off... 😂 😂 😂