Anyone know what's going on with Savvy Offroad?

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Anyone know what’s going on over at Savvy offroad. I placed an order for the ultimate TJ steering on April 11th. I heard a week later because I emailed that the parts were backordered. Just my damn luck. But since then I have tried calling but no answer and mailbox is always full and I have now sent three emails and no response from any of them. And just emailed for the fourth time a few minutes ago. Never had this kind of luck with a company. They always have people saying the parts are great but I’m not so sure about the customer service at least what I’m receiving.

Anyone know what’s going on over at Savvy offroad. I placed an order for the ultimate TJ steering on April 11th. I heard a week later because I emailed that the parts were backordered. Just my damn luck. But since then I have tried calling but no answer and mailbox is always full and I have now sent three emails and no response from any of them. And just emailed for the fourth time a few minutes ago. Never had this kind of luck with a company. They always have people saying the parts are great but I’m not so sure about the customer service at least what I’m receiving.
@tomtaylz may have some input. He has dealt with them before.

This is normal for Savvy.

Rarely is anything in stock (my front bumper and skid plate both took 4-5 weeks from ordering), no one ever answers the phone, and they don't respond to emails either.

They do come through though, always.

Believe me, someone needs to tell them to get someone to actually answer the phone and respond to emails. It blows my mind in this day and age that they get away with what they do.

Despite their short comings, I still love their products. I just wish they'd get their act together in terms of actually being able to get ahold of them.

The parts will show up. My mua from savvy took about a month. My rear bumper took about 3 weeks. I don't remember getting shipping info on the mau, but I did for the bumper

I emailed them the other day and got a response the next day. Based on their response I ordered the rock sliders for my TJ. The website says they are backordered, but the email response indicated they were in stock and would ship within a week. We'll see what happens.

Call Michael at 949-701-7933 during business hours or email him at [email protected]. He's pretty awesome and will take care of you.

Reactions: L J
Hell, how long did it take you @psrivats to get your front bumper? :ROFLMAO:

It was backordered. Took me like 10 weeks.

I thought @psrivats had a Dirtworx bumper without the hoop?

I do and I still have mine in the Jeep. The Savvy one arrived just last week and I only opened the box so far :)

He couldn't resist the Savvy front bumper after he saw it on mine!

Your photos definitely pushed me over and I ordered it in a moment of weakness 😉😝🤣 It's a really great bumper. However I think I'll run the Dirtworx for this summer and decide about the Savvy later.

Reactions: Chris
I wish it had stated backordered on the website when I was ordering because I probably wouldn’t have ordered it. Hell it hasn’t ever been updated to show out of stock. I’m now out over $600 with the $40 shipping and waiting on the last parts to complete a build that is ready to drive minus steering. It’s been six weeks tomorrow and yet nothing and no one will even reply to you. Honestly it’s crap

• Sad
Reactions: JMT
Call Michael at 949-701-7933 during business hours or email him at [email protected]. He's pretty awesome and will take care of you.

Mike is a good guy as is his dad Gerald. He took care of me when I ended up going with coil overs for my midarm build and exchanged unused springs and bump stops for a loaded front bumper (heavy duty reinforcements, fair lead mount, hooks, light tabs) and steering box skid. I'm not trying to make excuses for them but they just moved to a much larger shop and when I was there a few weeks ago they were still setting it up. Additionally, I believe they batch order the aluminum parts so that may figure into delays.

Reactions: Chris and psrivats
imagine the luck. I just got a return email from them after posting here. Only like 45min after sending one. Yet it still doesn’t give me any kind of timeframe for shipment. At least i got a response.

“Good evening Mike,

I've been waiting to hear on this. It seems like we had to re order our tie rod due to a manufacturer mishap. The ends threads where not correct on the tie rod. “

I’ve never had anyone answer a phone call from them. Email is hit or miss but I’m fine with it. Like stated above the parts will eventually show up. Katie has always been the one that answered emails.

I dealt with Gerald when I ordered the MUA. I placed my order late evening, the next afternoon Gerald called to confirm a couple of things. I had the entire setup within two weeks I think.

The quality is top notch on everything. Their customer service, from time to time, can be a bit spotty. Though, as said, its a small shop and they do compete in events so they can be pretty shorthanded. It is all worth the wait though.

I fall in with the non-defence that the product is worth the cost and whatever customer service frustrations might come with it. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but once all is said and done after install, I don't really want or need continued attention from a company. I just want what I bought to work well, which has always been the case with Savvy.

I guess I'm lucky. All the parts I've ordered have been in stock. Lift, gas skid, oil skid, and TC cable. They have also emailed me back right away. I'm sure they're just busy, their products are excellent.