California Anyone making a drive from Southern California to Arizona? Need a part picked up from Blaine

I ran across this thread the other day. But I would not have had room for the top on our last trip. The LJ was pretty loaded up.
I also understand why Blane doesn’t want to ship it. I found an LJ soft top on the east coast and I can’t find a good way to ship it. The dimensions are just over what UPS and FedEx can handle. So shipping quotes are like $500+
Do you know of any tricks to get something that big across the country?
I’m also a little concerned about the top getting damaged along the way.

Put the top on uShip and someone will pick it up with another load. Let people bid on it and you might get lucky. I shipped some wheels to @tomtaylz this way and it worked out nicely.

I still need the top, but at this point I may just go get it myself next time we are out in Palm Springs.

Almost forgot, they only way those fucktards are getting this top is if they bring a proper box and some tape because I am not ever packing another one.
I get it. I don’t want to pack and ship a set of GenRight fenders either.

Use the box the new fenders are coming in.
It’s more than just that, shipping cost is well over $250 even with my UPS negotiated rates.

Shipping costs have just gone up absurdly. I am not worried though, a number of people want them and have said they will pick them up locally 👍

I'll be doing this route some point hopefully this spring (if everything works out), but I'd be traveling Vegas to St George. Which I don't think helps you much...? If it helps and you don't have the top by then, there should be just enough room to fit it in.

It’s more than just that, shipping cost is well over $250 even with my UPS negotiated rates.

Shipping costs have just gone up absurdly. I am not worried though, a number of people want them and have said they will pick them up locally 👍

Try shipping via Fedex. I just shipped a box roughly that size and about 20lbs heavier for $30 across 3 states. I don't expect you to get those rates, but they might be cheaper regardless.

Reactions: Chris

I consistently have to explain to my wife and daughter how BOGO works.

No, you’re not really getting one for free, they’ve just marked up one item enough to make you think you’re getting something for free.

Sounds like you need to pick someone who's willing to pick them up that lives in Southern California 😉

Reactions: Chris and toximus
1) Raise the price of the fenders.
2) Offer discount if somebody can bring your top from CA.
3) Profit.