Anyone need a Gladiator?

Old ones or the new one, Blaine?

I would drive the hell out of an old one restomodded with 4 doors and done right.

View attachment 359090

Add a 6BT in that I'd keep it for life and add a gooseneck hitch (assuming the frame and everything is equivalent or better to a 3/4 ton). Give me that Gladiator at the top I'd sell it (after a couple runs at the drag strip and likely get smoked).

I don't love the bumper configuration, but I wouldn't ditch the vehicle based on it, but wrong motor and I would at least do an engine swap or sell it. I'm not saying there isn't something neat about a Hellcat motor, but I'm not gonna pay for 1 either. I do like a good set of fogs and a good set of headlights. I have too many BS lights on my Jeep that I'm too lazy to remove them, but added them because I really needed additional lighting at the time and didn't want to spend the money on high quality ones that I can more subtly integrate.

I'm not sure the best aesthetically pleasing way to integrate excellent lighting on those old Power Wagons, but I've found that when you need to see, I'd rather look like a dork than not see. Of course I see a lot of lights and it's starting to remind of like the angry eye grill things I see all over, but at least light is light.

I'm not sure the best aesthetically pleasing way to integrate excellent lighting on those old Power Wagons, but I've found that when you need to see, I'd rather look like a dork than not see. Of course I see a lot of lights and it's starting to remind of like the angry eye grill things I see all over, but at least light is light.
Adding lights is fine. Adding lights that are square pods to a vehicle with very few straight lines up front is not fine. All you need is something in a housing that doesn't clash with the head lights and you're in there. A pair of stock TJ fog lights would look less out of place than those square pods.

Adding lights is fine. Adding lights that are square pods to a vehicle with very few straight lines up front is not fine. All you need is something in a housing that doesn't clash with the head lights and you're in there. A pair of stock TJ fog lights would look less out of place than those square pods.

Yeah adding rounded/more period looking lights would look very good and PODs just look so out of place on a retro rod and there's plenty of round lights available. Of course if those are good POD lights, I'd probably just leave them unless it was a specific show model and then I think I'd even go with an older winch and stuff, but I didn't even notice which model that was, but I believe there's a bunch of really old winches out there that are still great tools.

Of course my main reason for getting rid of those lights would be that I prefer a small high quality amber light for my fog lights (and I keep them just loose enough to move them if I'm winching and need light that doesn't blind me), but to each their own and if I'm replacing them, then I'd have to go find something that looked closer to that period, even if they end up being internally high quality modern lights.

with a Hellcat engine, 840 Hp, all yours for just~~~~~ $199,995

View attachment 358357

View attachment 358358

I once drove a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, wanna say it was like $120k at least, supercharged srt hellcat hemi, 707hp. Wonder if the guy who bought it crashed it yet? My money was always on totaled within a month of buying it. Also I don't get the Jeep Wagoneer/ Grand Wagoneer, those were also $100k cars, except a few lower trim levels I had to work with.

What kind of frame mods do they need to do to a Gladiator so it holds up to 800+ Hp? I would think the frame would twist a bit and metal fatigue would be an issue.

Reactions: Jmac00
What kind of frame mods do they need to do to a Gladiator so it holds up to 800+ Hp? I would think the frame would twist a bit and metal fatigue would be an issue.

as long as you're not going to drag race it, it should be fine ~~~as a rock crawler, LOL freak'n thing should go straight up the side of a building, LOL

Reactions: bucky