Anyone planning on seeing "Bohemian Rhapsody"?

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Always been a fan of Queen. The very first album I ever bought was Queen's "A Night at the Opera" (which I still have it, all these years later). It was just over $4.00, if I recall correctly, and I paid for it entirely with change I scrounged up (all coins). The checkout lady was none too happy with me!

Anyways, I plan on seeing the movie this weekend. Hoping it does Freddy Mercury and the band justice. Anyone else plan on seeing it?

Last edited:
The critics absolutely panned it, which doesn’t sound good. You’ll have to let us know if it’s better then they’re saying!

Will do! I've watched many a movie that the critics hated, but the viewing public loved, or at least liked. I try never to enter a theater with a preconceived notion of how good (or bad) a movie is going to be. I always try to let the film speak for itself. ;)

You make me laugh. I am lucky my Wifee is cool. She is going up to Seattle for Thanksgiving, but I fight tooth and nail not to fly or at the very least going back up there. I am deathly afraid to fly, but sometimes I can't get away with that, the Wifey just doesn't take no for an answer, so the next time I am forced to go up there, I am going to come meet you. This Thanksgiving, I am going to the California Dunes for some dune quadding. Woo Hoo.

As you know, I am pretty familiar with Everett, and my son lives up there too. I am getting older and forgetful, so I don't remember names of streets anymore, but he lives somewhere where the Drive Inn Theater is or was. It is kind of on the Everett, Mt Lake Terrace border just off of the freeway. It was a swap meet by day and triple feature theater by night. He lives in the Silver Lake area.

I am contemplating going up there in March to hit the Puyallup Fair 4x4 Swap Meet. I mean if I have to fly I am going to make it worth my while you know if I survive the flight. Sometimes, I don't know how not to act like a terrorist on a plane. They kind of freak out when I freak out at 10K feet and realize there is nothing between the plane and the ground but fear and air.

Anyways my wifee sometimes drugs me like Mr T, and I end up somewhere wondering how I got there. Yeah she is cool!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Squatch
You make me laugh. I am lucky my Wifee is cool. She is going up to Seattle for Thanksgiving, but I fight tooth and nail not to fly or at the very least going back up there. I am deathly afraid to fly, but sometimes I can't get away with that, the Wifey just doesn't take no for an answer, so the next time I am forced to go up there, I am going to come meet you. This Thanksgiving, I am going to the California Dunes for some dune quadding. Woo Hoo.

As you know, I am pretty familiar with Everett, and my son lives up there too. I am getting older and forgetful, so I don't remember names of streets anymore, but he lives somewhere where the Drive Inn Theater is or was. It is kind of on the Everett, Mt Lake Terrace border just off of the freeway. It was a swap meet by day and triple feature theater by night. He lives in the Silver Lake area.

I am contemplating going up there in March to hit the Puyallup Fair 4x4 Swap Meet. I mean if I have to fly I am going to make it worth my while you know if I survive the flight. Sometimes, I don't know how not to act like a terrorist on a plane. They kind of freak out when I freak out at 10K feet and realize there is nothing between the plane and the ground but fear and air.

Anyways my wifee sometimes drugs me like Mr T, and I end up somewhere wondering how I got there. Yeah she is cool!
Yeah, they tore the drive-in down a few years ago. Now it's all apartments and a business park (nearby, that is). I'd really dig meeting you, brother, so whenever it looks like there's a possibility you'll be making your way up here, just let me know. As far as the flying goes, I don't have too much of an issue with it. It's boats and whatnot that I don't like. I look at it this way: There are folks who can swim, and there are professional drowners, like myself. That gives some the advantage. But if you're up in the air, and that plane can no longer remain airborne, well, at that point, unless you can flap your arms and maintain some altitude, we're all equals! :D

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and ac_
@ac_ not a fan of flying myself. My doc gives me a few Ativan whenever I fly. They relax you and calm the nerves without feeling high or groggy afterwards. Definitely worth a try.

Reactions: ac_
I'm a big Queen fan as well.Let me know how you like it @Squatch. I am very selective when it comes to movies and perhaps watch like 1 movie a year in the theaters (Q Tarantino and Wes Anderson being the exceptions, I'll watch anything they make. A bunch of my friends want to go for this one and been pestering me to join and I'm not sure if I want to go and get disappointed lol.

Reactions: Squatch and ac_
I'm a big Queen fan as well.Let me know how you like it @Squatch. I am very selective when it comes to movies and perhaps watch like 1 movie a year in the theaters (Q Tarantino and Wes Anderson being the exceptions, I'll watch anything they make. A bunch of my friends want to go for this one and been pestering me to join and I'm not sure if I want to go and get disappointed lol.
Will do!

I'm going to see it, but I'll probably wait until it's On Demand. My wife and I have turned into real snobs when it comes to movies because they opened one of those theaters near us that serve dinner and have you sit in large leather chairs. It's expensive, so we basically only go to see movies when it's something we really want to see or feel like it needs to be seen in a theater.

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_
Well, got as far as getting the wife to agree to go with me, and then I got sick. Great. :facepalm: Looks like it'll have to be next weekend. But I'm glad that those of you who saw seemed to have enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to seeing it, myself.

As a heavy metal, hard rock loving teenager in the 1980s Queen wasn't on my list of things to listen to, it's even possible that if they came on the radio a cassette was immediately inserted.

Some time in the 1990s I started to notice them, maybe because of Wayne's World, who knows. Regardless, I found them to be one of the best bands ever.

My wife told me she is going to see it with her friend. I said, What about me? She said she didn't think I would be able to handle any movie due to the accident. I told her I have to go to this one. Hopefully I can make it through the whole thing but even if I do, I don't see myself bothering with any other movie. Cars was the last one I saw in a theater.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Always been a fan of Queen. The very first album I ever bought was Queen's "A Night at the Opera" (which I still have it, all these years later). It was just over $4.00, if I recall correctly, and I paid for it entirely with change I scrounged up (all coins). The checkout lady was none too happy with me!

Anyways, I plan on seeing the movie this weekend. Hoping it does Freddy Mercury and the band justice. Anyone else plan on seeing it?

I'll wait till it's released on streaming, or bittorrent.