Anyone Polished Their Aluminum Skid?

Fouledplugs

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
As the title says, just curious if anyone has polished their aluminum gas tank skid?

I purchased a used one and thought about cleaning it up before install. Curious how it would look on a TJ/LJ.
AE36E125-C61F-410A-9D00-777069A5E7A2.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
If you did clean it up and polish it, you'd have to clear coat it to keep it shiny. Then, if you wheel it, you're just going to scratch the clear, and continuously repeat the process. To much work for no gain. Been there done that!

Reactions: DrDmoney
If you did clean it up and polish it, you'd have to clear coat it to keep it shiny. Then, if you wheel it, you're just going to scratch the clear, and continuously repeat the process. To much work for no gain. Been there done that!
Or ceramic coat it. I understand completely that it would not last forveer.

Reactions: Irun
JMT beat me to it.
i was gonna say ..............i haven't polished mine yet, but i hear it's best to do it in small patches and use rocks or large logs for the best results.

I think it looks just a little too shiny right now, go out and hit some rocks/cover it in mud and you will be much happier with the results. 😁

Reactions: Apparition
I took my aluminum horse trailer to the semi truck wash place and they do an alumibrite acid wash. Made my 16 yr old trailor new

On a similar note. I would like to lightly buff out some scratches on my Savvy Tailgate Armor. What products and method would I use to do this?

0D739EAA-43C8-4154-96DE-3597FF52CA12.jpeg