Anyone put together a homemade door hanger?

Irun

A vicious cycle of doing, undoing, and re-doing!
Supporting Member
I need to hang a few sets of doors on the wall. Has anyone made something that holds them just like their mounted on the vehicle?

I have a 6x4 that I plan to bolt to the wall and hang my doors on using the following brackets. The 6x4 allows the weight to be carried straight to the floor and also spaces them out from the wall. It’ll be set up to have two sets of doors on it. I have 3 sets.

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/products/tj-yj-door-hangers-2-door

Reactions: Irun
I have a 6x4 that I plan to bolt to the wall and hang my doors on using the following brackets. The 6x4 allows the weight to be carried straight to the floor and also spaces them out from the wall. It’ll be set up to have two sets of doors on it. I have 3 sets.

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/products/tj-yj-door-hangers-2-door
I hadn't seen these before. They are exactly what I need, reasonably priced, and have 20% off now. I just ordered two sets. Thanks! (y)

Reactions: Apparition
Reactions: primetime4
I live near a beach that you can drive on a park. I was drive down the beach and a guy was sale this for 15 buck.

EE11EB2D-A1C4-4297-978D-8A3B59CFF8DC.jpeg

Reactions: Smitty61416
I did this one recently to hang all four doors for my JKU but a similar design would work fine for TJ doors.

View attachment 207134

With only two doors hanging:

View attachment 207135

No doors:

View attachment 207136

The hinges hang on brackets made from a piece of 3/8" black pipe welded to a piece of steel angle:

View attachment 207137

View attachment 207138
Is there anything this guy doesn't do well? I guarantee you he's amazing around the house, and probably wherever he goes.

Not a hanger but here is a cart I made to store the ones for the wife's JL. Each one holds a front and a rear
20200427_160959.jpg

I took a 6x6 post, 5 feet tall, added snap clips (like you have on a dog leash to connect to the dog's collar) at the top and bottom to connect to the wall of my garage, and then added door hinges I bought off eBay. When the doors are on the Jeep, the post is stored out of the way. When the doors are off the Jeep, I connect the post to the wall and mount the doors to the hinges and I use a bungee cord to keep the doors from swinging away from the wall. I guess I have less than $25 into it and I did it some years ago.

I hadn't seen these before. They are exactly what I need, reasonably priced, and have 20% off now. I just ordered two sets. Thanks! (y)

Thats what I have too. I hang mine with the exterior towards to wall so I used some 2x4’s to be able to space them out because of the mirrors. I fold them in when I hang them. Then I use the two blue bungee cords over the doors and hooked to the eye screws on my mound to keep the doors from moving.

I glued the little spacers in the hangers so they would pop out when I remove the doors.

368493A7-D4D6-4C38-8BE1-6491844D850C.jpeg
3B29AABE-93B7-4877-A902-48A644D86CBD.jpeg

Reactions: Apparition and Irun
Thats what I have too. I hang mine with the exterior towards to wall so I used some 2x4’s to be able to space them out because of the mirrors. I fold them in when I hang them. Then I use the two blue bungee cords over the doors and hooked to the eye screws on my mound to keep the doors from moving.

I glued the little spacers in the hangers so they would pop out when I remove the doors.

View attachment 207241View attachment 207242
Very nicely done
I did this one recently to hang all four doors for my JKU but a similar design would work fine for TJ doors.

View attachment 207134

With only two doors hanging:

View attachment 207135

No doors:

View attachment 207136

The hinges hang on brackets made from a piece of 3/8" black pipe welded to a piece of steel angle:

View attachment 207137

View attachment 207138
This is similar to what I had in my head. However, I'm considering ordering something like these shelf brackets. I can cut them to length, drill holes where needed, and mount them on scrap lumber. I'm just looking for a cheaper alternative before buying and experimenting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFP5WL9/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: MountaineerTom