Anyone running 3.75” Backspacing on 15x8s with 32x11.50r15s?

Bruce20

TJ Enthusiast
Trying to decide what backspacing to go with on my tj Sahara with a 2 inch suspension lift. I want the tires to poke out past the flares, but I don’t want to put too much stress on the ball joints. I know 4” is the optimal because it centers the wheel and doesn’t add stress to the ball joint. Please post pictures. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all honesty a 1/4 inch isn't going to make a huge difference. Im sure some engineers will lose control over it. But truly its a 1/4 inch.

1532920587318150414391193347957.jpg

Those are 33x12.5r15 standard steel rimes. 15x8. I couldn't tell you if it was 3.75 or 4 inch backspace.

An 11.5 wide tire might be half inch to three quarters of an inch closer to the fender.

Reactions: KCsTJ and ac_
In all honesty a 1/4 inch isn't going to make a huge difference. Im sure some engineers will lose control over it. But truly its a 1/4 inch.

View attachment 49267
Those are 33x12.5r15 standard steel rimes. 15x8. I couldn't tell you if it was 3.75 or 4 inch backspace.

An 11.5 wide tire might be half inch to three quarters of an inch closer to the fender.

Ok, I’m in a predicament. I want cooper STT pros, but idk if I should go 32s or 33s. What size is your lift? I love your stance btw.

I’m running 3.625” backspacing. I’d say 3.75-4” is ideal.

If you want to go with 33’s you’d ideally need a 1.25” BL. YOu could get away with 32’s at 2”, but barely.

Here’s mine. 3” front SL, 2.5” rear, 1.25” BL, 33x12.5r15 with 3.625” backspacing
E4179417-34D3-4E1B-8A92-ECEE98B5B48D.jpeg

BE5AEE60-3340-4022-9AEF-886077231204.jpeg

B4C62BC9-6104-46D5-8976-DABE5C06951C.jpeg

The PO did the lift. Best i can tell its somewhere between 2and 3 inch.

1532921347305280672168861727250.jpg

It has a little room. Im going to add 1.25" body lift in a week or two.

I’m running 3.625” backspacing. I’d say 3.75-4” is ideal.

If you want to go with 33’s you’d ideally need a 1.25” BL. YOu could get away with 32’s at 2”, but barely.

Here’s mine. 3” front SL, 2.5” rear, 1.25” BL, 33x12.5r15 with 3.625” backspacing
View attachment 49268
View attachment 49269
View attachment 49270

Yeah, I just don’t like Jeeps lifted too high. I love the way Boinked’s sits right now. Keep in mind, the only wheeling I’ll be doing is minor trails and some mud/snow. No rock crawling or fully flexing my suspension. The main reason I didn’t go 3” lift is because I know I won’t be able to drop my tc because the bolts will break off in my frame and I don’t want that mess. I like the way the 2 inch lift looks, I just want some good stance, but not too wide and I’m going for more of a low center of gravity build.

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
Btw, I think my Jeep has been re-geared because the tag was removed and there is an aftermarket gasket that is red. I hope I have 4.11s . I doubt it[emoji23].

Yeah, I just don’t like Jeeps lifted too high. I love the way Boinked’s sits right now. Keep in mind, the only wheeling I’ll be doing is minor trails and some mud/snow. No rock crawling or fully flexing my suspension. The main reason I didn’t go 3” lift is because I know I won’t be able to drop my tc because the bolts will break off in my frame and I don’t want that mess. I like the way the 2 inch lift looks, I just want some good stance, but not too wide and I’m going for more of a low center of gravity build.

I understand you want to stay at 2” of lift to avoid driveline vibes and not get into stripped nutserts at the TCase skid (which really is no big deal). But if you did want to go to 3”, you could do a 1”MML and solve any vibes. Just FYI

I have looked all over the springs and cant find one number or marking to identify the lift. Even the old shocks i pulled out were standard monroe. There is no telling what the guy did to it.
I can tell you he went as cheap as possible. Rather than an adjustable track bar it was relocated and new hole drilled.

I have looked all over the springs and cant find one number or marking to identify the lift. Even the old shocks i pulled out were standard monroe. There is no telling what the guy did to it.
I can tell you he went as cheap as possible. Rather than an adjustable track bar it was relocated and new hole drilled.
To know your true lift just measure the front and rear springs, including any spacer and excluding the coil spring isolator. Anything over 12” front and 8” rear is your true lift

Reactions: Don Ashcraft
I understand you want to stay at 2” of lift to avoid driveline vibes and not get into stripped nutserts at the TCase skid (which really is no big deal). But if you did want to go to 3”, you could do a 1”MML and solve any vibes. Just FYI

What would I do if I stripped the nutserts? I could always run a spacer or upgrade the springs if I wanted.

It must be over 2 inches because I don’t think I need an adjustable track bar. Edit: How do you know if you need an adjustable track bar? What happens if I need it, but don’t get it. I don’t think I can spend another $139. My pockets are empty.

It must be over 2 inches because I don’t think I need an adjustable track bar. Edit: How do you know if you need an adjustable track bar? What happens if I need it, but don’t get it. I don’t think I can spend another $139. My pockets are empty.

Your axle will not be centered side to side. You can measure from the edge of the tire to the frame and compare distance to see if its off.