Anyone sell their vehicle to Carvana or other type online place?

cliffish

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I believe someone here stated they did (might have been @Rubi04 ?) Who did you use and what was your experience from what was quoted online to when they came in person?

The longer story is the road conditions have beaten the shit out of my 2014 explorer, was getting some vibes at 70+ mph. Took it into my mechanic and 3 bent 20" alloy rims, 1 bubbling tire and front struts/sway bar bushings shot...looking at about $1800++ for it. I don't particularly like this vehicle, and it has $120K on the clock.

Shopping yet another Outback and got a great deal from a dealer in Chicago on a new one and might have it shipped here to NY, local dealers are saying there is a chip shortage and only will do MSRP (I have heard about the shortage with Ford F150's)

Anyway, if you have sold to one of these online companies please share.

Reactions: Rick Flair
I believe someone here stated they did (might have been @Rubi04 ?) Who did you use and what was your experience from what was quoted online to when they came in person?

The longer story is the road conditions have beaten the shit out of my 2014 explorer, was getting some vibes at 70+ mph. Took it into my mechanic and 3 bent 20" alloy rims, 1 bubbling tire and front struts/sway bar bushings shot...looking at about $1800++ for it. I don't particularly like this vehicle, and it has $120K on the clock.

Shopping yet another Outback and got a great deal from a dealer in Chicago on a new one and might have it shipped here to NY, local dealers are saying there is a chip shortage and only will do MSRP (I have heard about the shortage with Ford F150's)

Anyway, if you have sold to one of these online companies please share.
Is this the explorer with the 3.5 v6 with the internal water pump?
If so, Any offer is a good offer then.

I did. They contacted me through my FB marketplace ad. It was Auto Pros. I thought it was a scam at first but they called immediately, asked like four questions (any dents, scratches, rips in the seats and what condition the tires were in) and then asked if my price was firm. I had it at 27,800 and my bottom line was 26k.

I told them I felt 26,500 was fair. He said ok, let me run it up to my boss and I’ll get back. Still thinking it was a scam, sure thing buddy.

He called back in 3 minutes and said, you have a deal and can we come get it in a hour?

Sure! I texted him a bit of info, he brought all the docs with him (showed up in wrapped company car and uniform shirts, very professional) and was gone in less then 30 minutes.

Made it simple, easy and I know I had a nice truck so that made it easy on them to give a more than fair price and I didn’t have to deal with tire kickers. Highly recommend it.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I did. They contacted me through my FB marketplace ad. It was Auto Pros. I thought it was a scam at first but they called immediately, asked like four questions (any dents, scratches, rips in the seats and what condition the tires were in) and then asked if my price was firm. I had it at 27,800 and my bottom line was 26k.

I told them I felt 26,500 was fair. He said ok, let me run it up to my boss and I’ll get back. Still thinking it was a scam, sure thing buddy.

He called back in 3 minutes and said, you have a deal and can we come get it in a hour?

Sure! I texted him a bit of info, he brought all the docs with him (showed up in wrapped company car and uniform shirts, very professional) and was gone in less then 30 minutes.

Made it simple, easy and I know I had a nice truck so that made it easy on them to give a more than fair price and I didn’t have to deal with tire kickers. Highly recommend it.
are they a local company or nationwide? Carvaana quoted me 12,500 I just went on shift's site and they said they would not buy it...probably too many miles for them. I have a friend in the used car business and he said Carvaana and vroom pay ridiculous prices at the auction and actually usually lose money when they resell. But, they are flush with so much IPO/venture capital cash they don't care.

Reactions: Blondie70
are they a local company or nationwide? Carvaana quoted me 12,500 I just went on shift's site and they said they would not buy it...probably too many miles for them. I have a friend in the used car business and he said Carvaana and vroom pay ridiculous prices at the auction and actually usually lose money when they resell. But, they are flush with so much IPO/venture capital cash they don't care.

Local to me, have offices in Idaho and Colorado.

Yeah from what I read those companies are losing money to get their name out their and seems to be working quite well.

Check with Carmax as well.

Reactions: cliffish
The killer is that the "chip shortage" is real, Subaru announced that production will stop for 6-8 weeks! So I either jump on the deal from Chicago or drive my jittery Explorer for the next few months....have other cars so not a big deal and TJ weather is here so.........

Few months back we found a Tesla we were interested in on Carvana because I let the one my wife wanted at a dealer here locally slip thru her fingers .. anyway the dealer was gunna pay 9500 for our 2016 fusion with 60k.. it’s a loaded 2.o titanium.. long story short.. caravana offer us $1200 for it.. won’t call them again!!

I think I will dump the $1200 back into the exploder (less than I thought) will wait for the 2022, they are coming out with the Outback wilderness addition that looks cool. Lifted, turbo engine and a really cool color scheme...still under $40K......we will see.