Anyone use their TJ as their daily driver?

Mine has been my daily driver since I drove it off the dealer back in 2006. Now it has the 6" long arm lift on 35's and 4.88 gears and it is still my daily driver.

I also drive it to any trails whether out of state or not.

Reactions: VallenMaes
Mines a daily it's about 30 miles round trip. I take it on road trips sometimes but lately it's been issue after issue so I guess just judge it based on how far you drive, how reliable it is and how built it is. Mines on 29" duratracs with 3.07 gears and old man emu shocks with air conditioning and cruise control so it's very comfortable to drive in. I've done three trips with it that were a combination of road days and dirt days (I try to run my road trips like ultimate adventure). They're usually about 3k miles in 7-10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan to DD my newly acquired 05 X, half door/soft top only....I do have a 2014 Explorer to fall back on if I feel the need. If it is really cold in the winter, the explorer with remote start and heated seats might win out......I have duratracs on the way to replace the Kevlar MT on it now, should make a world of difference to the sound level inside. Right now I have to crank up the radio at highway speeds to hear it...oh and now the factory radio won't change sound level until it warms up inside????? but see no reason it can't be the DD.

Prior to the Mangler, I had a limited edition #1 of 4 Assassin Z71. 6.0 engine, leather, nav, blah blah blah. Had all the bells and whistles, but once I got used to banging around in the TJ I wouldn't have it any other way.

Reactions: JMT
Really contemplating selling my Accord and making my tj my daily go to vehicle. I find myself driving it more and more and just enjoying it more than the Accord. Anybody else use their tj as their sole means of transportation?
yes. Wife has a new Subaru but my daily is my TJ. And I tow a trailer full of tools with it too. Probably 6K miles with the trailer and 6K miles without, every year.

Work
DSC_0166.jpg

Play
DSC_0013.jpg