Anyone used this "iVault" product before?

Equilibrium31

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I've been thinking about stereo stuff a lot lately and I was wondering if anyone here has used the "iVault" sold by Quadratec. The reviews seem a bit mixed, particularly with one person saying that it didn't fit their '06 (same year as my Jeep), but I'm still a bit curious since there don't seem to be any other products like it around.

1547224783033.png

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14026_231X_PG.htm

In referencing that thread on security the other day, my thought is that this is nothing but a minor deterrent for a thief. Or better yet, a good way to end up with a lot more damage to your Jeep since someone will likely do more prying and pulling.

I think that trying to "secure" anything inside a Jeep is futile at best.

Not to mention that looks flimsy and cheap.

Cheap, thin, easily popped off with just a screwdriver, knife, etc.
Was afraid of that.

I like the factory stereo, but I've had a hell of a time finding a good kit to build an aux jack or bluetooth adapter into the stereo since everything seems to be designed for an '04 or earlier. I'm considering either just biting the bullet and getting one of the already modified stereos from 1factoryradio or just getting a new stereo and keeping it under the driver's seat to with the current stereo left as a dummy. The former would be the preference though since it's hard to find a good stereo that can be controlled well remotely and the I'm still happy with the look and feel of the stock buttons and such.

It looks like an advertisement that there is something worth stealing.

Reactions: DuncLJ