Anyone using the Tuffy Conceal Carry Drawer?

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Specifically, the one for the flip seat (model 250-01)? I think this might be my next purchase.

Not that one specifically. I did install non-flip and fold seat risers and the Tuffy conceal carry drawer (P/N 248). The Tuffy box is well constructed, and the install was a straight forward bolt in. Be a little careful putting it all together, the finish is pretty easy to scratch. It will feel like the slide bearings are junk for the first few times you open it, but they "loosen" up and glide nicely with little wobble after a few open and close cycles. The only issue that I have had so far is that the box is big enough and positioned in such a way that the bar to slide the seat foreword is positioned right on top of the box, making it difficult to manipulate when sliding the seat foreword. Putting a loop of nylon strap on the bar fixes that issue handily. You also loose a little rear seat foot room, if you run with a rear seat. Once it's bolted in, it is going to be very difficult to break into, so don't loose your keys! All in all, it's a good upgrade. Lots of room to fit two 1911's in holsters, spare ammo and magazines, and a little bit of miscellaneous junk. Way more secure than the glove box.

Reactions: Chris
I don't think that one fits with the flip and fold seats though. From the product description: "Will not fit driver side seat with fold-forward feature". Nice price though.

Oh damn it!

What a shame, that was a nice price and being as though it's from Bestop I know that they make some nice stuff.

Oh damn it!

What a shame, that was a nice price and being as though it's from Bestop I know that they make some nice stuff.

Do a little research on the Bestop one and you will find that the quality of the Tuffy is superior. That's why I'm looking at the Tuffy and eliminated the Bestop.

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Not that one specifically. I did install non-flip and fold seat risers and the Tuffy conceal carry drawer (P/N 248). The Tuffy box is well constructed, and the install was a straight forward bolt in. Be a little careful putting it all together, the finish is pretty easy to scratch. It will feel like the slide bearings are junk for the first few times you open it, but they "loosen" up and glide nicely with little wobble after a few open and close cycles. The only issue that I have had so far is that the box is big enough and positioned in such a way that the bar to slide the seat foreword is positioned right on top of the box, making it difficult to manipulate when sliding the seat foreword. Putting a loop of nylon strap on the bar fixes that issue handily. You also loose a little rear seat foot room, if you run with a rear seat. Once it's bolted in, it is going to be very difficult to break into, so don't loose your keys! All in all, it's a good upgrade. Lots of room to fit two 1911's in holsters, spare ammo and magazines, and a little bit of miscellaneous junk. Way more secure than the glove box.

Looking at the interior dimensions, I should have enough room for my Glock 17 and a spare magazine. I don't think there is room for it in any of my holsters though. The 19 may fit with a holster.

I messaged Quadratec to see what kind of a deal they will give me.

I was really hoping to hear from someone that has the 250-01, but I may just have to be the guinea pig on this one.

I received this same model for Christmas and son in law supposed to install this weekend so I can't speak to how it fits in Jeep. I am able to fit my Springfield XD mod 2 and the spare magazine in there but you are right my holster does not fit. It's rare I leave in jeep but once in a while I have to pop in some place that's posted no concealed so I thought would come in handy as glove box is crazy in open jeep. I think I'd just lock gun and leave holster on or toss just that in glove box.

Let us know how it turns out, Zhillslady. These lock boxes are a great upgrade, even if you don't use them for a firearm. I'll lock things like the GPS, the weather instrument, laser range finder and other electronics that are hard to replace and tempting for the less moral in it when I get to town. When you folks get your lock boxes installed, maybe we should all take some pictures so others would have a better idea of what these things actually look like installed.

Reactions: Serbonze
I just ordered the Tuffy 250-01 from Quadratec for $108 shipped. I'll update the thread once it's installed.

I got the Bestop box deal from Amazon and it came yesterday.

I'm very pleased with the fit/finish as well as the lock and thickness. The drawer is as smooth as a snapon toolbox drawer, which is VERY impressive for the price.

It is large enough for my EDC and a spare 33rnd mag...se well as another 15rnd mag, and my wallet/phone if it all needed to go in there

gunbox4.jpg

gunbox3.jpg

gunbox2.jpg

gunbox1.jpg

I got the Bestop box deal from Amazon and it came yesterday.

I'm very pleased with the fit/finish as well as the lock and thickness. The drawer is as smooth as a snapon toolbox drawer, which is VERY impressive for the price.

It is large enough for my EDC and a spare 33rnd mag...se well as another 15rnd mag, and my wallet/phone if it all needed to go in there

View attachment 1616
View attachment 1617
View attachment 1618
View attachment 1619

That looks great!

Do they all stick out the front that much? It looks like you would want it "more under" the seat, kinda hidden.

Good news: The Tuffy 250-01 arrived today. Build quality is amazing.

Bad news: It's really small. Neither my Glock 17 or 19 will fit, but my 26 will.

I just went out and double checked my Tuffy box. Two 1911's in holsters, 8 mags, a box of 45 acp ammo and the registration and insurance papers fit snugly. Unfortunately the pistol rage bag doesn't because of the locking mechanism on the housing. It projects the width of a 1911 magazine to far down into the drawer. Bummer too. It's nice to grab one bag and have everything in it.

I installed it last night. I like it, but it's quite small. As we discussed above, both Tuffy and Bestop make larger versions but they very clearly say that they are for the non-flip seat. Both my driver and passenger seats have the flip option.

All of the options list drivers side only. Is that because of the bottle jack mounted behind the passenger seat? If that jack is relocated, is there any reason that these drawers cannot be used on the passenger side?

Last edited: