Arizona Anyone want to hit some trails around Phoenix Rollls OHV Saturday 3/6/21

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
It’s my last weekend day available, pack Sunday roll out Monday😪?

Possibly the trails out along RT 87 and Rolls OHV Area.
Sycamore Creek (Might be above my pay grade!)
Sunflower Mine
Saguaro Lake Cove

I’m open to any suggestions!

Suggested by @DaveC
Four Peaks
Bulldog Canyon

@Blackiosh @RINC @Farmergreg @Boinked@Chris @starkey480 @pc1p @nk24 @Jamison C@ac_ @Gblabla @1945GPW @kmas0n@Rooscooter @JnJ_Adventures @PurpleTJAZ@5632 @Pressurized @Wakeangel @Dale W@ToddL @DaveC @Smitty61416 @R3ID05TJ@minimull @Nguzzo @il buono

Last edited:
I beat up my Jeep last weekend. I need to bow out this trip to address some issues.

@pc1p took this of me the last time we went out to that area.
IMG_1068.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: Farmergreg and pc1p
It’s my last weekend day available, pack Sunday roll out Monday😪?

Possibly the trails out along RT 87 and Rolls OHV Area.
Sycamore Creek
Sunflower Mine
Saguaro Lake Cove

I’m open to any suggestions!

@Blackiosh @RINC @Farmergreg @Boinked@Chris @starkey480 @pc1p @nk24 @Jamison C@ac_ @Gblabla @1945GPW @kmas0n@Rooscooter @JnJ_Adventures @PurpleTJAZ@5632 @Pressurized @Wakeangel @Dale W@ToddL @DaveC @Smitty61416 @R3ID05TJ@minimull @Nguzzo @il buono
So Jeep Saturday?

I plan on hitting up Bulldog for my shakedown run then am hoping Sunflower will be my first true trail ride once the Hemi swap is done...

Reactions: Farmergreg
Not the toughest, but 4 Peaks is back open and right there. Really just a scenic 18 mile run to the top (or at least it used to be scenic). It's my wife's birthday, so I may be able to sneak out for a half day.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Not the toughest, but 4 Peaks is back open and right there. Really just a scenic 18 mile run to the top (or at least it used to be scenic). It's my wife's birthday, so I may be able to sneak out for a half day.
My wife’s birthday is today!

May have been the start of it breaking stuff on Sedona trip. Looked under it today, my exhaust is barley hanging on.

And y'all are better at getting great pics than I take.
This needs two emojis one sad 😞 for the exhaust and the laughing 😂for the pictures.

Hey at least we had a good time Sunday and made it back under our own power.

Reactions: DaveC and RINC
After much thought and deliberation, @Farmergreg and I landed on running Four Peaks this Saturday 3/6. This is more of a relaxing scenic run than anything else. We figured we'd give our rigs a break after the last few runs.

For anyone not familiar, it's 18 miles from the staging point to the top of....Four Peaks. Trails Offroad lists it as 27 miles; that's if you continue on down the other side toward Roosevelt Lake. It's known for the scenic aspect, going from the desert at 900' elevation up to the pines at 7,500' elevation. This area burned last year and was closed until 2/5/21. Recent reviews on All Trails mention lots of new growth and surprisingly good scenery despite the fire, so this will be an easy ride and interesting to see what the area looks like now.

Meet at the first staging area at 8a (dirt parking area on the right a few hundred yards in after you turn off the highway).

Here's the trailhead off Hwy 87. https://www.google.com/maps/?q=33.6780867,-111.502514

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1092-four-peaks-trail

After much thought and deliberation, @Farmergreg and I landed on running Four Peaks this Saturday 3/6. This is more of a relaxing scenic run than anything else. We figured we'd give our rigs a break after the last few runs.

For anyone not familiar, it's 18 miles from the staging point to the top of....Four Peaks. Trails Offroad lists it as 27 miles; that's if you continue on down the other side toward Roosevelt Lake. It's known for the scenic aspect, going from the desert at 900' elevation up to the pines at 7,500' elevation. This area burned last year and was closed until 2/5/21. Recent reviews on All Trails mention lots of new growth and surprisingly good scenery despite the fire, so this will be an easy ride and interesting to see what the area looks like now.

Meet at the first staging area at 8a (dirt parking area on the right a few hundred yards in after you turn off the highway).

Here's the trailhead off Hwy 87. https://www.google.com/maps/?q=33.6780867,-111.502514

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1092-four-peaks-trail
Sounds good. I ordered a permit for Bulldog Canyon just in case.