Anything unusual for a body lift on a 97?

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anything Unique About a Body Lift on 97 SE?

I have a stock-height 97 SE. (Well, about 2/3” spring lift up front, to even out the rake.) I’m about to install a Rokmen 1/2” body lift.
  • I’ll be hitting the mounts with Kroil for a few days before the job.
  • I’ve measured the clearance under my fan, and I can see that I will need to lower the fan shroud a bit.
  • I’ll free up the filler neck during the job, but don’t imagine I’ll need to extend it for such a small lift.
Other than that, is there anything I should keep in mind? I understand this to be a very simple job, but the 97s always seem to have surprises, so thought I’d ask first.

Mine was straightforward

The only 97-only problem I've encountered so far is the YJ connector at the tcase output yoke. When you get a SYE you might need to buy the correct pigtail and splice it in

Reactions: SSTJ
Just out of curiosity ... why the 1/2" kit?

I don't think I'll ever need more, since I'm not going over 31s. I also don't like the look of much larger body lifts. This is partly for the fun the job, partly for looks, and partly to pave the way to maybe tucking the tummy or tank a wee bit.

Reactions: L J
Mine was straightforward

The only 97-only problem I've encountered so far is the YJ connector at the tcase output yoke. When you get a SYE you might need to buy the correct pigtail and splice it in

Thanks. I don't think that'll be required since I'm just doing 1/2". Still good to know for anyone else with a 97 doing a larger body lift.

I didn't know you had a 97 at one point? Or maybe you just meant on any model.
I meant on any model. Installing a body lift is about as easy as easy can be. I could do it in under an hour and not even break a sweat.

I meant on any model. Installing a body lift is about as easy as easy can be. I could do it in under an hour and not even break a sweat.
You're not kidding. I avoided it for years thinking it would be a pain and I think I had the body lift AND a MML installed in under 90 minutes.

If course, a broken bolt can quickly change any 90 minute job into days of fabrication and cursing.

You're not kidding. I avoided it for years thinking it would be a pain and I think I had the body lift AND a MML installed in under 90 minutes.

If course, a broken bolt can quickly change any 90 minute job into days of fabrication and cursing.
True indeed. All of mine have been rust free vehicles so it was never used. I figured it would be difficult at first but it was so easy that I’d install a body lift for free just because it’s really that darn easy.

Now if you’ve got a rust belt vehicle, then I’ll pass 😆