AOAA with MishiefMaker JKU

Kevin Q

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'll keep report short and to the point with pictures. First trail we stopped at was a quick black that was just cut a week ago. Only a few very built rigs ran. It was tight and very off camber. First rig came very close to flopping. MischiefMaker made it look easy.

IMG_3858.JPG

Next I joined the group doing the less extreme trails. My confidence has really improved so I was taking the harder lines all day and I did great. Had my 12 yo son as my navigator. On one of the trails I heard a tire lose the bead. Ended up that her rim split in half.

204004158_10218878237003934_5182075787068927560_n.jpg

Here are some action pics of my Jeep. It did really well.

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

I'll keep report short and to the point with pictures. First trail we stopped at was a quick black that was just cut a week ago. Only a few very built rigs ran. It was tight and very off camber. First rig came very close to flopping. MischiefMaker made it look easy.

View attachment 261924

Next I joined the group doing the less extreme trails. My confidence has really improved so I was taking the harder lines all day and I did great. Had my 12 yo son as my navigator. On one of the trails I heard a tire lose the bead. Ended up that her rim split in half.

View attachment 261936

Here are some action pics of my Jeep. It did really well.

View attachment 261937

View attachment 261938
AOAA is so awesome, but very narrow. I ran that same fresh cut trail a couple weeks ago and wasted my soft top on a tree. I really love that place. Great pics!!

Reactions: MeanGreen86
@sjalkian def is in spots. My group had a nicely built LJ and my TJ. The rest were JKUs. I said we need to find really tight trails to make them struggle.
I don't know how those huge JKUs don't bang on trees all day long. Everything is off camber there. I kind of like it a little more than Rausch, but there aren't as many hard trails as Rausch. I would say that most blue's at AOAA would be black's at Rausch, in my opinion. I love both places though.

Reactions: taylormade73
The group I wheel with the most go to RC. I think it stems from when they did the competition crawling and formed a friendship with Bernie. RC is 30 minutes closer and an easier drive. Prior to this weekend I didn't like AOAA too much. My impression was that it was a lot of bikes/utv/atvs and just driving through the woods. I hadn't hit trails like these before. I'll be frequenting AOAA more moving forward.

The group I wheel with the most go to RC. I think it stems from when they did the competition crawling and formed a friendship with Bernie. RC is 30 minutes closer and an easier drive. Prior to this weekend I didn't like AOAA too much. My impression was that it was a lot of bikes/utv/atvs and just driving through the woods. I hadn't hit trails like these before. I'll be frequenting AOAA more moving forward.
Yeah, my buddy and I were skeptical of AOAA before we went the first time last Oct. RC is 30 minutes closer for me as well, but AOAA is about $20 cheaper as well. Again, love both places. It's great to have options so close together.

Hey we were up there that weekend too! I was with some Toyota friends up there running blue and black trails too. It's a really nice park. A lot of my friends wheel at AOAA one day then Rausch the next. The camping is a bit nicer at AOAA.

Reactions: Irun
Nice pictures. When I saw that Mischief Maker was going to AOAA I was stunned. My buddy has a Gladiator and struggles there. For those that don't know they are building a Rubicon Style trail and adding more trails.
AOAA Rubicon Trail