• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

App for this forum

glwood

Jeep # 13
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Check out this thread in the 'Site News' forum:

How to add this forum to your mobile device

dbbd1

go away...
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2019
Oregon
Personally, I like it. I always use the desktop view for the other forums. I find it easier to navigate from device to the another.

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
The safari app on my phone keeps me logged in. Ive noticed if I click on a link within an email that it does not log me in. I didnt have an issue with chrome on my old samsung either. Perhaps you need to adjust your settings

Reactions: KennedyLJ and Cole

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Check out this thread in the 'Site News' forum:

How to add this forum to your mobile device

Thank you for posting this.

I have no idea what it is with the modern generation and "apps", I really don't.

Apparently opening an app is somehow easier than opening a bookmark in your web browser? Yes, in some cases I totally get it (Uber or something for instance). But in the case of a forum like this that works so damn well on mobile devices, it just blows my mind.

And Tapatalk? While I reluctantly support it (since some people use it), that app is absolute garbage. You miss out on so many native forum features when using it.

Reactions: Chapman4266
OP
Fireman194

Fireman194

May 5, 2019
Long Island, NY
Thank you for posting this.

I have no idea what it is with the modern generation and "apps", I really don't.

Apparently opening an app is somehow easier than opening a bookmark in your web browser? Yes, in some cases I totally get it (Uber or something for instance). But in the case of a forum like this that works so damn well on mobile devices, it just blows my mind.

And Tapatalk? While I reluctantly support it (since some people use it), that app is absolute garbage. You miss out on so many native forum features when using it.
Haha I'm not the modern generation. Didn't have computers in my school. I'm in my 40s. I just know an app would be easier to navigate

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2018
Colorado, USA
Haha I'm not the modern generation. Didn't have computers in my school. I'm in my 40s. I just know an app would be easier to navigate
The mobile version accessed through a home screen shortcut may as well be an app. It would look and behave the same. I'm not sure what is going on with yours, but I just open the short cut and go. There is no logging each time
Screenshot_20190515-065358_Google.jpg