April is Limb Loss and Limb Difference Awareness Month

1659067499534.png

3 years ago I got my last socket and up until about 6 months ago it had been fitting really well. But my limb has shrank over the time and my prosthesis had tried making adjustments too it but they didn't help so it's now time for a new socket. What this means for me is that I can design a new wrap for my socket which I like since I consider it like having tattoos.

So here is my old/current socket with it's wrap to give you an idea.

20190805_113427.jpg

20190805_113434.jpg

20190805_113440.jpg

These were some other designs that I'd made before.

New Leg Warp2.jpg

Wavey Flag Wrap 2.jpg

Wavey Flag Wrap 4.jpg

There is a place called Fred's Legs that prints your design on cloth and then it's cast into the socket as it's being made. So I can make pretty much anything I want for a wrap to go onto my socket.

Here's some more designs I'd toyed with.

Desert Camo Wrap 3.jpg

Desert Camo Wrap 6.2.jpg

Desert Camo Wrap 8.jpg

Cool part is that I can print it out onto a piece of paper to get a general idea what it's going to look like

Reactions: Apparition
3 years ago I got my last socket and up until about 6 months ago it had been fitting really well. But my limb has shrank over the time and my prosthesis had tried making adjustments too it but they didn't help so it's now time for a new socket. What this means for me is that I can design a new wrap for my socket which I like since I consider it like having tattoos.

So here is my old/current socket with it's wrap to give you an idea.

View attachment 347855

View attachment 347856

View attachment 347857

These were some other designs that I'd made before.

View attachment 347860

View attachment 347861

View attachment 347862

There is a place called Fred's Legs that prints your design on cloth and then it's cast into the socket as it's being made. So I can make pretty much anything I want for a wrap to go onto my socket.

Here's some more designs I'd toyed with.

View attachment 347872

View attachment 347873

View attachment 347874

Cool part is that I can print it out onto a piece of paper to get a general idea what it's going to look like

I see a Harley logo, are the oil leaks a problem?

Sorry if this is disturbing to some. But I couldn’t help but make this “meme” after taking a picture of my stump. It’s red because my new liner and socket are irritating it. The resemblance is shocking.
2764.png

1659809183187.png