April is Limb Loss and Limb Difference Awareness Month

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
1617298794779.jpg

https://www.amputee-coalition.org/events-programs/limb-loss-awareness-month/

The KEWL part for me is that I am involved in 2 more studies at the VA CLIMB center.

1) Carrying different weight as an amputee. This one sounds interesting. I'll be carrying weights up to 40 lbs in different ways such as on my amputated side, on my back, on my good side & then in front.

2) New liners for wearing prosthetic. If some remember I had some issues last summer from sweating so much. One of these liners I am going to be testing is a cooled liner.

View attachment 239623

https://www.amputee-coalition.org/events-programs/limb-loss-awareness-month/

The KEWL part for me is that I am involved in 2 more studies at the VA CLIMB center.

1) Carrying different weight as an amputee. This one sounds interesting. I'll be carrying weights up to 40 lbs in different ways such as on my amputated side, on my back, on my good side & then in front.

2) New liners for wearing prosthetic. If some remember I had some issues last summer from sweating so much. One of these liners I am going to be testing is a cooled liner.
These are things that I never would have even considered. It would take someone like yourself to offer perspective to such a unique situation. Good on ya, brother. I sincerely hope that many can benefit from the studies you're participating in. (y)

These are things that I never would have even considered. It would take someone like yourself to offer perspective to such a unique situation. Good on ya, brother. I sincerely hope that many can benefit from the studies you're participating in. (y)

When I talked with the gal that called and explained some of the stuff I do she was like you really fit into these studies. I've carried a 100lb bale of hay on my right side and moving parts around the garage is another example.

Yep I do hope that this stuff will carry over to helping out others.

I get tired of all the different recognition MONTHS we have but this matter not just becasue I am a amputee but for all the people who are born with a missing limb or other issues. My cousins oldest son was born without his left hand and it was always amazing watching him.

Today is transgender visibility day.

You're supposed to use state your preferred pronouns online.

Sorry man, I couldn't resist ;)

This is cool though, I never knew.

Today is transgender visibility day.

You're supposed to use state your preferred pronouns online.

Sorry man, I couldn't resist ;)

This is cool though, I never knew.

I'm a dude and have always been one. I got shit dangling between my legs...

Have a TRANS day...

When I talked with the gal that called and explained some of the stuff I do she was like you really fit into these studies. I've carried a 100lb bale of hay on my right side and moving parts around the garage is another example.

Yep I do hope that this stuff will carry over to helping out others.

I get tired of all the different recognition MONTHS we have but this matter not just becasue I am a amputee but for all the people who are born with a missing limb or other issues. My cousins oldest son was born without his left hand and it was always amazing watching him.
I’m always inspired by how resilient people are.

Many have shown that no matter what adversity life has thrown their way, they cheerfully find a way to live a satisfying and rewarding life.

They’re to be admired.

You have my respect. I experienced a TBI, 5 yrs ago. These things change lives. Don't every beat yourself up and carry on strong.

I have a couple of my troops who were diagnosed with TBI's after then got back from Iraq. One is worse than the other but yes it does change someone. And unless you knew them before hand you might just think this is how they always were.