Colorado April Phools canceled

Added to Calendar: 04-04-20

tworley

Auto club
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
**CANCELED**

You are all free to do as you wish (if you want to meet still on 4/4/20), but given the recent statewide stay-at-home mandate this run is being rescheduled during a more appropriate and safe time. I encourage you to be smart about the situation.

Just to make this a little easier I thought it would be better to post a separate thread for this. We can keep track of who is coming and who is running the milder trail vs Chinaman.

APRIL PHOOLS 5/2/2020

@Colo-TJ made the official announcement on the other forum (Chad, hope you don't mind me spreading the word here).

As usual meet up will be at the Gunsmoke Truck Stop 9 AM and leave by 10 AM.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gu...4d-106.1068388

For those coming from Denver:
Team Denver, several of us will meet at the Philips 66 in Morrison. Departure time is 6:45am to make it to BV by 9am.

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd, Morrison, CO 80465

https://maps.app.goo.gl/TB8NEyTcCwAUka7W8

The harder run is Chinamans Gulch. Requirements are as follows (just like in October), TJ, YJ, CJ or other short wheelbase will need a minimum of a 33" tire and ZJ, XJ, JK, JL or other longer rigs need 35" tire minimum. At least 1 locker is recommended. Body armor, rock sliders, and any under body protection (raised skids really help!) is also recommended. Sway bar disconnects are also required or something similar. This trail is getting harder so what you might see in previous post or other sites may not be up to date.

Rookies are welcome but you MUST listen to your spotters as they will know the trail the best. If there is something you want to try, we'll spot you thru it. Anyone spotting won't put you in a situation where you are not comfortable. We have a good group of folks, so prepare yourself for some light ribbing as well.

There is a group that will run the milder trails in the 4 mile area and Bald Mountain (?), I am not sure what these trails include but Joe will be the one to leads it (he is in a black JK). Any rig can do these, even stock. Killer views and some water crossings if I am not mistaken.

These are all day trips, 6+ hours. Bring food, water, plenty of clothes for any type of weather. Bring your tool kits, first aid kits, good shoes. Be prepared for anything. Make sure your rig is up to par--an issue on the trail can make the long day longer. We understand that some things are out of our control and will happen (last year was a fan thru a radiator, springs unseating, ujoints breaking, a flop, etc..) and we'll be there to help you, but please make sure everything is ready on your rig (control arm mounts, shafts, ujoints, etc..) and bring tools!
Excited for an excellent 2020 year!!

Last edited:
Previous year photos
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1297.JPG
20180407_104949_IMG_1398.JPG

So far we have the following...

Colo-TJ
Tworley
Strumble8
Rasband
Toximus
freedom_in_4low
RMETeeJay
jjvw

and on the other forum for those who aren't watching, we have:
Steve (coloradojeeping)
Scott (Peakbagger)
Doug (BVJeep)
Dougs +1
Shawns +1
Joe (BigWall)
Craig (igoo65)
Mike (hosejockey)
Mike (Sledn8er)
Mike(JHD1827)
Cody (CO_Holiday)

Definitely going to be a big group this year.

Reactions: someguysjeep