Colorado April Phools canceled

Regardless of how we feel if it should be banned or not, the logistics of the trip are overly complicated and not as much fun for those of us traveling far distances. Could it be done? Totally. But this is supposed to be a fun trip and rules and regulations change across states and counties. Grabbing a snack at a gas station isn't simple, finding a place to sleep isn't simple, finding a rest stop to use the bathroom isn't simple, getting help on the side of the road isn't simple. I need to do roughly 6 gas stops just to get out there — a stop every 2-1/2 hours so it'd be nice for those to be fast and simple and not worry if a station is randomly closed due to COVID. And it'd be nice to not drive through any areas that if I do get in a car accident the hospitals are overloaded and deem my broken leg non-essential. ;) Anyway, just how things are looking from my perspective...
I totally get that. I’m just saying all these restrictions are a bunch of bs. And they will continue all over as long as we all allow it. I’ll continue to go wheeling in whatever county I feel like wheeling in that day. Went to Penrose last week then Chinamans this weekend and I’ll be going later this week as well. I’ll go for all of you guys. Just got a GoPro hero 8 black since someone stole my last camera. Just waiting on my mount. I’ll post videos.

A sizable planned event like this is not the time to push back and exercise our constitutional rights, unless we want to make that the reason for the event.

Several of us snuck out yesterday in defiance of the stay at home orders, but we kept it quiet and low key.

Word is that there there 20-something rigs at Chinaman yesterday. Besides sounding like a miserabley clogged trail, that many people right now is just asking for attention. If that is the goal, then have at it and deal with it with eyes wide open.

So apparently “I’m part of the problem”. I just got a “nice” long text for someone on here I won’t choose to put on blast. To each there own. I’m not hurting anyone by driving around in my own vehicle with at most my wife or my son. I’m not getting together with groups of unknown people, I’m not driving to other places to spread a virus, I stop to get gas. I even put on a mask for all the fear mongers before going in anywhere. I guarantee you I’m in less contact with people as those of you who have gone to the grocery store. I have not been grocery shopping in a month. Only been to Lowe’s twice. So no there is no harm in going for a drive. To mister “you are the problem” our governor you know the one we share in common even stated outdoor recreation as essential. Also stated getting out of the house for a drive was ok. So how am I a problem. I’m not out to spread anything or blatantly hurt people. But I’ll be damned if I fought for this country and then spent years more as a first responder before giving up my own body for our safety and freedoms. To just sit in my house until some magical date in the future that all is well. We will never eradicate this virus, it’s already shown to mutate. Sure they may make a vaccine for this strain but you will just get a different strain later on that your carrier won’t help against. Rant over

So apparently “I’m part of the problem”. I just got a “nice” long text for someone on here I won’t choose to put on blast. To each there own. I’m not hurting anyone by driving around in my own vehicle with at most my wife or my son. I’m not getting together with groups of unknown people, I’m not driving to other places to spread a virus, I stop to get gas. I even put on a mask for all the fear mongers before going in anywhere. I guarantee you I’m in less contact with people as those of you who have gone to the grocery store. I have not been grocery shopping in a month. Only been to Lowe’s twice. So no there is no harm in going for a drive. To mister “you are the problem” our governor you know the one we share in common even stated outdoor recreation as essential. Also stated getting out of the house for a drive was ok. So how am I a problem. I’m not out to spread anything or blatantly hurt people. But I’ll be damned if I fought for this country and then spent years more as a first responder before giving up my own body for our safety and freedoms. To just sit in my house until some magical date in the future that all is well. We will never eradicate this virus, it’s already shown to mutate. Sure they may make a vaccine for this strain but you will just get a different strain later on that your carrier won’t help against. Rant over

Do what you want. Don't be naive of the potential ramifications. The April Phools event isn't happening until things settle down with the stay at home orders.

A sizable planned event like this is not the time to push back and exercise our constitutional rights, unless we want to make that the reason for the event.

Several of us snuck out yesterday in defiance of the stay at home orders, but we kept it quiet and low key.

Word is that there there 40-something rigs at Chinaman yesterday. Besides sounding like a miserabley clogged trail, that many people right now is just asking for attention. If that is the goal, then have at it and deal with it with eyes wide open.
Yes it was busy as all hell. I was solo so I just went around everyone I could to kinda play through. I’m not saying you should push for the event to go on. As I’m all for not gathering in big groups of unknown people. Hell I don’t want to get sick either. I think it’s smart that you are postponing it. I’m just stating that I’m not going to let a county or a state for that matter tell me I can’t be there. I pretty much social distance on a regular basis anyway. I only associate with a small group of people on a regular basis and then pretty well keep to myself at home even when we are not all supposed to. So this is nothing.

Reactions: jjvw
Do what you want. Don't be naive of the potential ramifications. The April Phools event isn't happening until things settle down with the stay at home orders.
I’m not naive to them. In fact I hope they try it. I’ll be happy to go to court over a bs fine for traveling in a free state. And if For some crazy reason I don’t get it thrown out I’ll pay it with the cash they sent me for nothing. I only wish I could have been the father arrested for playing t-ball in the park with his daughter and wife. He just got one hell of a stimulus check if he plays his cards right. I’m just fed up with it all. Scientifically I understand it the need to social distance to slow a spread. However if we are all naive enough to think that at a certain date in time all will be well with the world we are all doomed.

Let's keep this thread focused on timing of the April phools run. If you want to discuss legalities of staying at home or not, do it in the jibber jabber thread or the Coronavirus thread in the off topic forum