Colorado April Phools canceled

Is there any indication of how many per trail?
So far, counting both forums, we have:

Chinaman
Colo-TJ
Tworley
Strumble8
Rasband
Toximus
jjvw
Steve (coloradojeeping)
Scott (Peakbagger)
Doug (BVJeep)
Dougs +1
Shawns +1
Craig (igoo65)
Mike (hosejockey)
Mike (Sledn8er)
Cody (CO_Holiday)
Damien (audibahn)

Mild (4mile)
Joe (BigWall)
freedom_in_4low
RMETeeJay
Birchyboy

Chad suggested we split into two groups for Chinamans, one group leaving around 9:15, the other leaving at 10. I am all for it to keep us moving. I should note--Mike (hosejockey), freedom_in_f4low, RMETeeJay, and birchyboy did say "maybe" in their posts. So right now its between 16-20 rigs.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
Chad suggested we split into two groups for Chinamans, one group leaving around 9:15, the other leaving at 10.

Or we can talk to Dave Cole and start our own Ultra4 race. TSD departure from Gunsmoke and then anything goes on Chinaman ending with a high speed lap of 4mile? Everyone have helmets?

• Haha
Reactions: rasband and tworley
Asking for a friend. JKU, 3" Rough Country lift with control arm drop brackets on 35s. Brake lock diffs, no lockers.

I've never knowingly seen a setup like this on a moderate/difficult trail like Chinaman. Is he asking for trouble?

Asking for a friend. JKU, 3" Rough Country lift with control arm drop brackets on 35s. Brake lock diffs, no lockers.

I've never knowingly seen a setup like this on a moderate/difficult trail like Chinaman. Is he asking for trouble?

I think Mike (the black JK that ran Spring Creek with us) had a brake lock diff, I remember him struggling quite a bit. Especially at the Whales tale. The 2018 fall run I recall a white JKU running with us, but I cant remember his exact setup, and another JKU with hutchinsons some other year. I am certain they both fared ok but they also had lockers.

IMG_2879[1].JPG

Reactions: jjvw
So far, counting both forums, we have:

Chinaman
Colo-TJ
Tworley
Strumble8
Rasband

jjvw
Steve (coloradojeeping)
Scott (Peakbagger)
Doug (BVJeep)
Dougs +1
Shawns +1
Craig (igoo65)

Mike (Sledn8er)
Cody (CO_Holiday)
Damien (audibahn)
jjvw's +1

Mild (4mile)
Joe (BigWall)
freedom_in_4low
RMETeeJay
Birchyboy

So right now its between 14-19 rigs.

Updated list. FWIW--I still plan on going. I suspect this list will change dramatically in the coming weeks given all that is happening in the world.

Even with Denver being shut down now, I'm saying I'm still in. The county borderline isn't far away from me!

Reactions: strumble8
First post updated. Per @jjvw suggestion, April Phools run is postponed, tentatively. I cant speak for everyone but I would rather be safe than sorry. If anyone wishes to meet up still and run the trails they are welcome to, but I will not be there.

Reactions: rasband
As long as places are open again and hospitals are under capacity, count me in for the rescheduled date! I'd hate to get in a car accident on the way and be told that a broken leg isn't life threatening and to go home. By then I'll have my Jeep really dialed in too.

how far of a drive is this trail for you Colorado guys?

i'm welding the front frame links on today.......but May 2 is still not enough time to build what i want to bring there.

i'm still down for Sept/Oct. might even do a whole wk out that way, and hit several trails,
save carnage for the day b4 heading home................cause i know somethings "gettin brokeded". but those litebrite idiots made the gatekeeper in a JK no problem so i should be able manage some of it (certainly more than a jk on 35's w/ 2" lift).

Reactions: taylormade73

i'm welding the front frame links on today.......but May 2 is still not enough time to build what i want to bring there.

i'm still down for Sept/Oct. might even do a whole wk out that way, and hit several trails,
save carnage for the day b4 heading home................cause i know somethings "gettin brokeded". but those litebrite idiots made the gatekeeper in a JK no problem so i should be able manage some of it (certainly more than a jk on 35's w/ 2" lift).

Chinaman is a two hour drive, about 110 miles. Carnage is right next too chinaman so same distance. The litebright crew didn't even complete the trail. They maybe went 1/4 of the way in if I recall

Chinaman is a two hour drive, about 110 miles. Carnage is right next too chinaman so same distance. The litebright crew didn't even complete the trail. They maybe went 1/4 of the way in if I recall

IDK the trail but i though they claimed they made it "up the gatekeeper". only about 100yds from the sign really, then i cut it,.... that chic never shuts up. i'll take your word for it.

have seen a lot of footage for both trails here during lock down.
Chinaman looks like a fun trail with plenty of stuff to get into to stretch out.
Carnage looks like stone wash basin that gets real nasty the further up you go.

Id be interested in coming from Ohio as well for Sept/Oct. I won't have my front axle in by May 2. But def would before Fall and would like to test my new build iterations.

The new date is officially May 2nd, barring any new developments.

Same time, same place. May 2, 2020