Colorado April Phoolz 4/1/23

tworley

Ignored :(
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Annual Phoolz run is going to be April 1 (Saturday). Chinaman Gulch (now Yansing Gulch).

Recommendations for Chinaman Gulch:

35 inch or bigger tires
At least 1 locker
Rocker armor/skids
Recovery points on your rig
Tools

This trail is possible on 33s with good spotting. This trail is a day trip so plan on a good 6 hours to complete, plus your travel to/from Buena Vista. Bring a lunch, snacks and liquid refreshments.

Meet up at the Gunsmoke truck stop in Johnson's Village starting at 9:00 am and leaving for the trailhead by 9:30 am.

Denver area folks can caravan from:

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd
Morrison, CO 80465

Depart time of 7am sharp.

23 days! Fix your shit and get ready!

Reactions: rasband and jjvw
On 32s you would need some impressive driving skills and a really good spotter. 31s ain't gonna happen

Last edited:
Reactions: NDSpeed
On 32s you would need some impressive driving skills and a really good spotter. 31s ain't gonna happen

200.gif

Lockers or tuck and armor (sliders and TC skid)?

looks like i won’t be ready this year, the engine skid is still in limbo from Savvy and if they ever bring out the rock rails again.

guess i will still continue the work towards the 35”

anyone want to help weld in the new rear tack bar?

looks like i won’t be ready this year, the engine skid is still in limbo from Savvy and if they ever bring out the rock rails again.

guess i will still continue the work towards the 35”

anyone want to help weld in the new rear tack bar?

I have a set of rock sliders if you need some. They are similar to the Warn sliders.

Reactions: NDSpeed
Shaping up to be a good day! Drove thru last week and I only saw snow in the shaded areas.