Colorado April Phoolz! April 2, 2022

tworley

Ignored :(
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I think its close enough to make it official. The annual Phoolz run is going to be April 2 (Saturday). Typically there are two different runs; the harder one being Chinaman Gulch and the easier one being the Four Mile area. We havent had a group run the Four Mile area in a number of years though.

Recommendations for Chinaman Gulch:

35 inch or bigger tires
At least 1 locker
Rocker armor/skids
Recovery points on your rig
Tools

This trail changes every year. While 35s are recommended, it is possible on 33s, you just have to be careful of your line choice. This trail is a day trip so plan on a good 6 hours to complete, plus your travel to/from Buena Vista. Bring a lunch, snacks and liquid refreshments.

Weather can be anything this time of year so be prepared.

Meet up at the Gunsmoke truck stop in Johnson's Village starting at 9:00 am and leaving for the trailhead by 9:30 am. Depending on attendance, there may be a group that meets at 9, and departs Johnson's Village at 10.

Denver area folks can caravan from:

Phillips 66
16283 Morrison Rd
Morrison, CO 80465

Depart time of 7am sharp.

29 days! Fix your shit and get ready!

Last edited:
A stock Rubicon with MTRs and a really good driver could do it with a lot of help.
I really would hate to be the guy to hold up the group because I read the recommendation and went anyways... But I guess my parents live nearby if I need to turn around and leave early...

At least I know my gas tank will be safe

Work trip wasn't finalized and seems to be moved - so I am 100% now.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
Hey that worked out just fine last time! But I don't have the ARB installed anymore...
Are you using the york now? I bought a few switches, so I should I be good 😅

This will be a good weekend (60s!) to get everything installed. Even have the garage cleaned!

20220305_144931.jpg

Reactions: lBasket
Are you using the york now? I bought a few switches, so I should I be good 😅

This will be a good weekend (60s!) to get everything installed. Even have the garage cleaned!

View attachment 314711
Yeah, at least for tires. I kept the OEM pumps for the lockers for now until I make a bracket for the ARB to put it back where the ABS tray would normally be (but sunk down a little more) as a backup air and eventual locker compressor.

The garage is looking great!

Reactions: tworley