ARB Compressor: Good/Best Choice?

MikeO

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've decided on ARB because I want a selective locker. I just want a compressor to run the locker. I don't need tire inflator or other bells and whistles. Any suggestions for dependable, easy to mount options?

The single piston ARB compressor will make for a clean install and is small enough to fit several places under the hood.

If you want something less expensive you may want to consider a Viair 400 series compressor. I wouldn't go smaller if there is any possibility that you will want to use it to inflate tires in the future.

Here is a link to my Viair 400H setup (plumbed for tire inflation rather than air lockers) to give you an idea of where it can be mounted: https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-simple-onboard-air-for-your-tj-lj-viair-400h.10235/

Reactions: Chris and MikeO
ABS tray?

3C5DEEA6-2A28-48C1-A5EA-02CB6BEF64F2.jpeg

Reactions: MikeO
I only have a rear locker on mine. But I wired for the front as well. Wishful thinking at the moment. But, you never know. I do use mine to inflate the tires as well. It works very well. Are there faster ways? You bet. But, for me it works just fine. I also mounted to the ABS tray. I was able to take out the tray after marking the pump location, mount the pump and reinstall the tray all assembled. I did leave the screws loose on the pump while installing the tray to maneuver it around things. Then I put fuel hose over the air line where it may rub just to lessen the chance it would rub through. I did that under the Jeep as well.
ec7cc3343abba25ddeec46900ccd8d16.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a pic of that? Room is always the issue. So, if there’s a better way to do something without losing room inside. I’m always interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay but a dog bit my hand and haven't been able to use it. Finally worked on the Jeep today. Not the best pics but tried to give you a few more images of where I mounted the Compressor, tank and Air Quick Connect. Connection is right under the driver's door by the frame rail.

IMG_20190102_171843.jpg

IMG_20190102_171826.jpg

IMG_20190102_171741.jpg

IMG_20190102_171723.jpg

IMG_20190102_171716.jpg

So the ARB is charging the Vair tank? Thanks for the pics. Only answer when your hand is feeling better. I’m still in Canada, I can wait. Your hand being better can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the ARB is charging the Vair tank? Thanks for the pics. Only answer when your hand is feeling better. I’m still in Canada, I can wait. Your hand being better can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. ARB charges Viaair 2.5 gallon tank. Look for the right angle fitting feeding the red high pressure air line that runs from the compressor to down the firewall into the frame and then exits by the tank. I then take another piece of that red line and feed the quick connect. I need to go back and put a check valve on the fitting from the tank to the quick connect. This would protect against the exposed quick connect getting knocked off on the trail and then making the tank dump its reserve.