ARB diff cover change capacity

clark stilwell

I have ARB diff covers on my 04 Rubicon. They were on it when I got it. When I refill gear lube after installing 5.13 Revolution gears, I get less than 1 1/2 quarts in, both front and rear diffs, before it comes up to the file notch in dipstick, I assume that is the full mark. My question to those that have ARB and 5.13, do they take less lube or are the notches wrong on the dip stick? Or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

I have ARB diff covers on my 04 Rubicon. They were on it when I got it. When I refill gear lube after installing 5.13 Revolution gears, I get less than 1 1/2 quarts in, both front and rear diffs, before it comes up to the file notch in dipstick, I assume that is the full mark. My question to those that have ARB and 5.13, do they take less lube or are the notches wrong on the dip stick? Or am I missing something? Thanks for the help.

The dipsticks come in marked, I would put two quarts in it and remark

Fill until lube starts coming out of the fill hole, no need for that dipstick.

It would be a lot over full then, the ARB cover uses a dipstick that goes in a boss near the top of the cover.

725CA54A-168F-437F-B8C3-7189533CDAFA.jpeg

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
So do I understand correctly.. the dipsticks don't actually have a fill level mark when new?
Fill with two full quarts, dip, mark at the high fluid mark and you're done?