ARB twin compressor project questions

BobK

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a new ARB twin compressor in a box ready to install on my TJ. At this point, I am not considering lockers and so the need for air is mostly for airing up tires and running air tools while out of the garage. The issue is that I have two Jeeps and if I mount it on the TJ, I will end up needing it on the JL someday. Therefore while reviewing the ARB site today, I came up with the idea of mounting it in a carrying case with the 1 gallon air tank they show.

I have been unable to find just the case, but can find the air tank itself. What I am thinking is that I would find a generic case and outfit it with the ARB compressor and tank. But I would make it dual power supply with a set of cables with battery clamps for 12 volt usage out of the garage and also add a 12 volt power supply so that I could also use the compressor while in the garage by plugging it in.

I have two questions as a result of this brainstorm. If anyone already has that ARB setup in the plastic case, can you give me the dimensions of the case so I can find a generic one?

Secondly, how many amps does the twin compressor draw, I think I need to know this so that I configure the appropriate sized power supply?

Thanks

Bob

A lot of power. Power supply cost would probably exceed cost of compressor.

Get a pelican case from the gun store, and a cheap set of jumper cables. Cut the ends off of one end, and hard wire them in. You can also make an air tank out of a 30 lb. Freon cylinder or something similar.

Reactions: BobK
A lot of power. Power supply cost would probably exceed cost of compressor.

Get a pelican case from the gun store, and a cheap set of jumper cables. Cut the ends off of one end, and hard wire them in. You can also make an air tank out of a 30 lb. Freon cylinder or something similar.

thanks Lindsey, I see that now. Good idea on the jumper cables and tank!