Are 31 inch tires good on the highway?

It's interesting that there are so many with the 3.07, but I guess with the 32RH it works on the highway. For around town it would suck though. I've just only ever seen the 3.73. I'm wondering if the fact that all the 32RHs I ever had or worked on came with a Dana 44 rear?

That would be why. I've never seen a Dana 44 with 3.07s here in the US. I think it's more common in the UK. Maybe we sold them out rejects. :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Hmmm after reading this thread I suspect I have the 3.07. However most of my driving is highway commuting right now & she's great on the highway. But certainly a dog off the line. 🐕🐶

Easy enough to find out.
gear tag3.jpg

This is all very interesting. I just sank a decent chunk of 💵 into a set of BFG 31/10.5/15's for my 2005 Willys "commuter" but now I'm 2nd guessing it. For now she's running on P235/75/15's (with a 225/75/15 spare) and I've been itching for any reason to upgrade to 31's. Now after reading all this I take another look at the build sheet and find [DMM - AXLE RATIO - 3.07] 🤬. I "thought" I'd be good considering clearance and the 4.0L 6-SP, but she already has a bugger of time keeping speed uphill, and on windy days I sometimes wonder if walking might be faster. Maybe I should consider regearing before resizing? And how might the change to 3.73 or 4.10 effect towing a light 12' jon boat and gear? Oh well, so much for easy. In the meantime I think I cancel the installation appt <insert huge sigh of disappointment here 😔> Thanks for the insight!