Are BF Goodrich KM3 Tires Good or Bad?

To be fair, you were referencing the correct tire with respect to the thread topic.
One of the worst side effects of delta vid is the brain fog. It comes and goes in waves. it is mistakes like KO vs KM that are frustrating. I am trying to compensate by doing 3 or 4 of these a day....

IMG_0549.JPG

Even with all the goodness in these, I mean look at those ingredients. Dunno why it's not working, time to move on to some pills I suppose.
LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Igoo65
One of the worst side effects of delta vid is the brain fog. It comes and goes in waves. it is mistakes like KO vs KM that are frustrating. I am trying to compensate by doing 3 or 4 of these a day....

View attachment 313289

Even with all the goodness in these, I mean look at those ingredients. Dunno why it's not working, time to move on to some pills I suppose.
LOL
Mmmm, Milk thistle. It's delicious.

• Haha
Reactions: Igoo65 and WSS

View attachment 313289

LOL

They say cannabis use causes memory loss and something else, I dunno I can’t remember.

I’ve had km3’s going on 3years. Quiet mt on the road but I’ve had some issues with chunking. Like chunks have been taken out of the tire treads, both off road and on road, atleast I have reason to believe that. I think my next tires will be STT pros

What are JV Wheelers buying/recommending if they can't get MTR's any more (which seems like the case)?
Not sure yet. I got one of the last sets of mtr’s. I’m hoping when they are wore out they will be available again. We are living in a tire shortage so obviously manufacturers will stop producing lower volume tires.

Not sure yet. I got one of the last sets of mtr’s. I’m hoping when they are wore out they will be available again. We are living in a tire shortage so obviously manufacturers will stop producing lower volume tires.
I'm more worried about my MTR's rotting from lack of use, although a bit more than 1/2 worn... rig hasn't moved in a year or so (garaged)... Hope to get it out in next couple of weeks but not looking forward to shopping for new tires when these need to be replaced. Loved the MTR's and treated me well the couple times I was down in JV (now several years ago).

I've got 35x12.5x15 KM3's and have been happy. Run smooth on the street and have been solid off road. I was in some ultra muddy places and was a bit underwhelmed with the tires ability to clear mud from the treads. But think this is a compromise for the better than expected on road manners. Think decision comes down to how much time on street vs offroad. If more time offroad would probably select a more aggressive tread design tire.

I’ve run BFG KM3’s 33 x 12.5 for about 3 years, just when they came out. Very happy with them here In the southwest sand, rocks and mud, that includes some rock climbing up in Choke Cherry Canyon the site of the world championships many years ago so it is some challenging terrain. Have about 9500 miles and 70% tread left. Balanced them when installed and have had to only do rotation since. Our mud is a mix of sand and volcanic clay and have never been stuck, no side wall issues and they work well in southern Colorado and Utah as well. Have not run Moab (too many snobs and way to pricey for me) but it’s no different then Choke Cherry Canyon. I highly recommend them and they look good too!

Reactions: Igoo65
What is your tire size in these pics? What is your suspension setup?
Thanks,
Steve

1.25 body lift. Old man emu shocks. JKS lower control arms and springs, and track bars front and rear, 285's on the stock rubi rims. Roughly 3.25 inch of lift over stock all together.

The KM2 had awfully weak sidewalls. For a while, it seemed like most of the flats and sidewall punctures were KM2. I don't know if the KM3 is any better.

What are JV Wheelers buying/recommending if they can't get MTR's any more (which seems like the case)?

I had been running the MTR for years, but couldn't get them a year or so ago when I needed tires. I ended up getting Nitto Trail Grapplers. They have been great on the rocks. Also handle better on the road. My last few sets of MTR have been wobbly, I wouldn't go over 65 on the freeway with them. With the Nitto, I can go 75 if I want. Usually try to keep it at 70 though.

The KM2 had awfully weak sidewalls. For a while, it seemed like most of the flats and sidewall punctures were KM2. I don't know if the KM3 is any better.

I had been running the MTR for years, but couldn't get them a year or so ago when I needed tires. I ended up getting Nitto Trail Grapplers. They have been great on the rocks. Also handle better on the road. My last few sets of MTR have been wobbly, I wouldn't go over 65 on the freeway with them. With the Nitto, I can go 75 if I want. Usually try to keep it at 70 though.

What load range were you able to get the Nittos in? My MTRs are on their way out. Seems with 16 and 17 inch rims you can only get a 35 in E.