Are door entry guards worth having?

Which brand? How was the fit?
I wish I knew, the PO had them on when I bought it. They are plastic. The fit is good. I haven't had any problems and people going into and out of front and rear seat area. With five kids you can imagine that's a bunch of in and out. I'll take a look and see if there are any part numbers visible. I'll take a pic too....

I wish I knew, the PO had them on when I bought it. They are plastic. The fit is good. I haven't had any problems and people going into and out of front and rear seat area. With five kids you can imagine that's a bunch of in and out. I'll take a look and see if there are any part numbers visible. I'll take a pic too....
5 kids in a TJ?! Yer a madman!!! :D

so I went out and pulled the drivers side off, ( its was the most rusted ) and of course the tape stuck to the jeep. Both the bottom and the top side of the guard had rusted in places and the tape was damp. But there was zero rust or scratches on the jeep. I haven't decided what to put back on but I may look into the plastic one.

Which brand? How was the fit?
Alright, there’s no markings on them. The PO got a lot of his stuff from Quadratec. They look like the Olympic, Crown or Rampage

https://www.quadratec.com/search/door guards

All relatively cheap solutions, but mine are holding up well. Looks like they have an adhesive strip underneath. No problems, no rust...Also, they don’t extend over the lip of the door sill to the outside of the tub so they are visible, which is something that would give more protection, but I would not like

Reactions: Serbonze
I brought a set of the metal ones but didnt fit them as they came with self tapping screws. I would rather just use the factory tape *thAn cut holes under a set of metal entry guards sounds like another way of intruducting rust.

Last edited:
Got a set of these plastic RR for cheap (RR Entry Guard ) - The area to be covered has the typical scuffs and scratches - down to primer but not bare metal in some places like someone else described. Besides the normal cleaning and prep, would it be smart to touch up those areas with paint prior to adding the plastic guards?

Thinking about moisture and dirt or salt getting under the guard and me not being able to see the problem until it's too late.

I love the look and durability of my rugged ridge entry guards..they look like they are a factory item.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I installed black plastic guards. I drivers side was worn to shinny steel for about 1/2" x 6". I lightly sanded and sprayed primer before installing. I do wish they were a little thinner in material, because it effects the closing of the doors.

I have some (whispering) 'chrome ones' on mine.:censored: I like them and just stuck them on...no rust underneath and they have protected the entry threshold.

Reactions: DrDmoney and KCsTJ
I like the kind that show maybe 1/2 inch of black after the door is shut. I think the contrast against the stone white looks nice plus it will cover the entry/exit scuff marks on my 21 y.o. tj :)
Funny, I thought just the opposite. I cut off the part that hung down outside the door. Much cleaner look.

Reactions: DrDmoney
How do you like these? I bought a roll of stair tread tape but it is like sandpaper...not sure about it yet...then I saw your post with this product. How is it doing for you?
if your leg rubs that entry 1 bit in and out don't use that. once we get some good weather and your wearing shorts you'll know why.

i hit it with bed liner when i did the tub interior, that's rough on the skin too.

I've had a set of pre-production samples of the Rugged Ridge guards on my jeep since 2016 and they're still working great. Gave them to my friend (who I later bought the Jeep from) when we first got in the samples to test out. I'll buy them again if they get torn up or pulled off somehow.

Reactions: AndyG
How do you like these? I bought a roll of stair tread tape but it is like sandpaper...not sure about it yet...then I saw your post with this product. How is it doing for you?
Still like them, and haven't had an issue. Once applied, no peeling up, etc. Just does what it needs to do. Still looks good too.

I have the stick-on Rugged Ridge kind. The paint and clear guard was rubbed away in that area on my Jeep from my boots rubbing on the way in. The Rugged Ridge look to be cheap extruded metal and were slightly warped so they didn't sit flush but I eventually got them straight. Just another add-on to serve very little practical application.