Are my LED headlights installed upside down?

notlohdahc

Are my headlights upside down? They cast a weird light above where they should be shining. See images.
272933248.png
MVIMG_20191012_165718.jpg

The top and bottom row of lights are the main rows of LEDs in your headlights. In the middle of your photo is your low and high beams. The brighter area. You also have an extra wire for daytime running lights that you can tie in to your clearance lights.

I have the same lights, so this isn't meant as a dig. However, I just think they are fairly low quality and get weird reflections. If you're unsure, the pigtails come out of the bottom on the backside from what I could tell.

In my experience that design of LED light is one of the lower quality ones in terms of light output. I tried them out for a brief while but returned them as I didn't care for the light output of them compared to the Truck Lites. I'm not sure there is a right side up or upside down to them honestly.

Reactions: AustinJeepTJ
I had these. Couldn't get them dialed in to save me. Struggled for two-ish months. The beam was to focused and my eyes weren't able to adjust. I went back to H4's in a set of KC hilites.

20191009_164913.jpg

I have the same lights, so this isn't meant as a dig. However, I just think they are fairly low quality and get weird reflections. If you're unsure, the pigtails come out of the bottom on the backside from what I could tell.
I bought the Jeep this way. The previous owner installed them or had them installed. So they very well might be cheap junk.
I wasn't sure if this was normal for these lights or not.

I thought that they are in upside-down and the weird light, up high, should actually be pointing towards the ground.

I bought the Jeep with these lights already installed. Sounds like I should add headlights to my list of future upgrades.