Are online car lease swap sites reputable?

DetroitTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is not a Jeep question but this site seems to have people with various car knowledge.

I would like to lease a car for 6 months - I’m expecting my Jeep build to be my daily driver in the next 4 to 6 months. Dealerships that I’ve talked to do not offer anything less than 24 months. There are a couple of sites online that advertise connecting people to take over an existing lease. One that I’ve seen is called swapalease.com. Does anyone have any experience with these companies? I’d rather not give them my information and pay the “membership “ fee if they aren’t legit.

Thanks.

I’m in the process of taking over a lease. I paid $20 for a one month membership on swapalease.com. This site connects people looking to transfer their lease with those looking for a short term lease. You can search by location and number of months remaining on the lease. The lease transfer in my case goes through BMW. It’s been a good process so far- I should get the car in the next couple of weeks. I called a couple of car dealerships and it seems impossible to get a lease from them for less than 24 months.

Yes, I used swapalease to exit my lease and everything was legit and worked great. I would use swapalease to take over someone’s else’s lease in conjunction with all other due diligence you would normally want to do.