Are Spicer Ball Joints In Stock Anywhere?

Yeah I know what you mean, the base looks like it was pressed in & out of something once already lol.

you already install them?

Reactions: Jramos013
Dude I noticed the same thing - only on ball joint per box had a sleeve on it. The one that wasn’t had some dinged up threads on it too, luckily I was able to clean it up enough with a thread file.
My bet is the dealer accepted them back in a customer return and then delivered them to the next unsuspecting customer without having ever opened the box. The previous customer may have made a bogus claim on them to get a refund and returned damaged parts. Spicer's not going to ship shit like that, that is for sure.

Reactions: qslim and Jramos013
Yeah I know what you mean, the base looks like it was pressed in & out of something once already lol.

you already install them?

Not yet, got them today. Debating between buying the adapter and renting the tool or taking it to the shop. Mine is mostly a DD, so im not planning in replacing ball joints in at least 5 years. The OEM ones just started to make some noise at 73k and 14 years.

My bet is the dealer accepted them back in a customer return and then delivered them to the next unsuspecting customer without having ever opened the box. The previous customer may have made a bogus claim on them to get a refund and returned damaged parts. Spicer's not going to ship shit like that, that is for sure.

Ugh, that's super. They feel like every other new ball joint I've ever touched & now that I looked a little closer the threads look unmolested other than the ding that I had to smooth out with a file. I'm gonna go with it.
Not yet, got them today. Debating between buying the adapter and renting the tool or taking it to the shop. Mine is mostly a DD, so im not planning in replacing ball joints in at least 5 years. The OEM ones just started to make some noise at 73k and 14 years.
Gotcha. I already had the install tool, just had to get the adapters. Drive to Utah, I'll let you borrow it! Mine look original & w/ 106 k, last thing left on my front end project. Then it's on to the rear!

Reactions: Jramos013
It’s not a bad job at all with those adapters, I just knocked them out this morning. Started around 8 & was done by 1130. I’m going to redo the alignment again, I’ll probably get to that tomorrow.

If anyone is still looking, Northridge 4x4 has them in stock for $53 a side. I just received mine today.
Thanks for the link. I have a 2003 TJ Rubicon and Northridge says, “Does not fit your 2003 Jeep TJ Rubicon”. I read through this thread and others, every post points to part# 706944x. Sounds like Northridge has incorrect compatibility info.