Are Spicer Ball Joints In Stock Anywhere?

Brian83

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone have leads on who has Spicer Ball Joints in stock? Rock Auto is out of stock and all the major online places are showing a 20+ day lead time. I called Northridge and they confirmed the lead time.

Edit*** I try to avoid ordering Jeep parts from Amazon but they had two kits in stock near me so I went ahead and ordered them

Last edited:
I ordered a set in May from Amazon, got lost because of the riots supposedly. Re-ordered, that set went from in-stock to unknown. Ordered another set from Summit, that delivery date went from the first week of June to sometime in July to unknown. Ordered another set from Amazon, same thing. 5th try was the charm, I got a tracking # this morning. It's been so long I'm almost used to the popping noises from my front end now.

They are on backorder at Dana. Six States still shows some stores with some in stock.

I'd be careful about scamazon. I order BJ's a few years back and they were listed as Spicer. When the package came they were in a generic box and I could tell they weren't genuine spicer BJ's. I had another set shipped from Summit and they were legit. Comparing the two side by side and they weren't even close. Wish I still had the pictures.

Reactions: rasband
I'd be careful about scamazon. I order BJ's a few years back and they were listed as Spicer. When the package came they were in a generic box and I could tell they weren't genuine spicer BJ's. I had another set shipped from Summit and they were legit. Comparing the two side by side and they weren't even close. Wish I still had the pictures.
I bought my Spicer ball joints from Amazon and got real Spicer ball joints in Spicer packaging.

Reactions: hosejockey61
I bought my Spicer ball joints from Amazon and got real Spicer ball joints in Spicer packaging.

I get that will happen and should happen....it's just in my case it didn't...which led to longer times to get the correct parts. The worst part is, is that the average Joe doesn't know and are getting scammed out of their money unless they surely know what to look for.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Good luck finding 706944x ball joints there is none in North America period. Spicer next batch is Nov 2020.My only options are Ac delco or moog what do you guys thinks is the best option?

There are currently three at Amazon shipped by Drivetrain America. Some people keep saying there aren't any but I can find them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007N6OHI0/?tag=wranglerorg-20
You can “find” them online, but try ordering them. They won’t ship. I ordered 2 sets from Amazon, and after placing the orders the ship date went from a week out to unknown. I’ve been trying to get them since mid-May. I had to contact Amazon for one order to get my money back for one of them. I also ordered from Summit & the same thing happened, though they didn’t charge my card & eventually just cancelled the order for me after saying they had no idea when they would actually be in stock.

I finally got a tracking # on my 3rd or 4th attempt from an Amazon reseller. Should be here on Monday hopefully.

• Wow
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Summit just recieved a batch apparently. I ordered mine about a month ago while they were on backorder, my ship date change twice. Just went to check the order status and it says Ready to ship.

Reactions: qslim