Are Stock Wheels Worth Anything?

LeePTI

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Five 2005 stock wheels & tires with 20,000 miles. Great tread. No deterioration. No flats ever. Never offroad. Are the worth trying to sell or let the dealer have them?
2efc67afbbd33766f626d8dfc5022bfa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Put them on craigslist, I'll bet someone will pick them up. I was getting a tire mounted for my girlfriend the other day and was watching them put bald tires on a kids BMW. I was amazed, there was no way in hell I'd even think about driving on the tires this kid paid to have put on but he was driving BMW 3 series... :roto2nuse:

Five 2005 stock wheels & tires with 20,000 miles. Great tread. No deterioration. No flats ever. Never offroad. Are the worth trying to sell or let the dealer have them?View attachment 13791

The wheels Are probably worth $150-$200. At least that's what I see them sell for on Craigslist here in the Bay Area. The tires probably aren't worth much. Most people aren't looking for the stock 225/75/15 tires.

Reactions: LeePTI
When I picked up the first Jeep for my son it had 3 different rims and tires on it and they needed replacement, I found 4 Jeep rims with decent tires on craigslist for $200 which was a good deal. Buyers like that are out there.

Put them on Craigslist for $200 obo. I'll bet you can get at least $100 for them.

There's a good market out there for OE factory aluminum wheels, they are forged and known for their strength and good quality. There is not much of a market for the factory steel wheels though.

I'd say there is a market.
I bought a set of the stock 8" wide rims off of kijiji (Canadian version of craiglist) to mount 33"x12" Duratracs for winter.
I have been actively looking for a 2nd 8" wide stock set someone is selling rather than buy new "fancy" ones, to mount (not bought yet) 12" wide mud tires. A little plasti-dip, and they look good to me...and my wallet.

The other stock rims I own are only 7" wide, and I've read that it's better to mount a 12" wide tire to an 8" rim vs a 7" rim (which currently has a 10" wide tire). Hence why I keep looking at 8" rims.

If you're not interested in selling them on CL, and you considered turning them in to the dealer, you could offer them to a WTJF member for the cost of shipping...

There's a good market out there for OE factory aluminum wheels, they are forged and known for their strength and good quality. There is not much of a market for the factory steel wheels though.

True. Took me forever to find four factory steel wheels for my build. It was frustrating! It was like everyone just junked em. I found three then gave up and ordered a 4th and 5th on ebay.

True. Took me forever to find four factory steel wheels for my build. It was frustrating! It was like everyone just junked em. I found three then gave up and ordered a 4th and 5th on ebay.
Newbie question: Which type of wheels do I have?

Five 2005 stock wheels & tires with 20,000 miles. Great tread. No deterioration. No flats ever. Never offroad. Are the worth trying to sell or let the dealer have them?View attachment 13791

Definitely put them on Craig's List. I sold stock tires and rims from my SE for $200. You should get that much or more.

Put them on craigslist, I'll bet someone will pick them up. I was getting a tire mounted for my girlfriend the other day and was watching them put bald tires on a kids BMW. I was amazed, there was no way in hell I'd even think about driving on the tires this kid paid to have put on but he was driving BMW 3 series... :roto2nuse:

He may have wanted them so he could drift around on them. Much cheaper than ruining your $200 racing tires!