Are these injectors toast?

I just ordered 6 Bosch injectors from Precision Auto Injectors yesterday. Shipped out this morning. The Mopar ones I got to replace my OEM originals were absolute junk. The Davey's injectors I replaced the Mopars with have never really idled as smooth as I liked. I swapped O-rings and clean the injector seats and they still aren't great. Considering that at least 2 of the 9 injectors Davey sent were dead, I'm going to assume that the injectors in there are just old, worn out, or otherwise not functioning great. I also noticed a slight decrease in power after installing them. Not going to chase that problem around.

For $160 shipped, I'm getting 6 injectors that were supposedly tested and verified. Not a bad deal considering the Mopars are $480 and the Davey's were $50.

Wow.

After a long 2 weeks of waiting, I received my full set of remanufactured 4 hole injectors from k suspension. I swapped them out with no issue.

Also dropped my oil which was only 500kms old because of gas in the oil. This was painful as I'm running fully synthetic oil and its not cheap.

Anyway having done that I primed the system and turned it over. She coughed a bit but straightened out after about 10 seconds.

Wow. So quiet. No vibrations at idle.
Backed it out of the driveway and immediately noticed a sharper smoother throttle response. I got goosebumps as I opened it up on the road. I had no idea it could move like that. Blown away by the increase in power.

Got home and told my wife to listen to it idle. She noticed the difference right away. Keep in mind she knows next to nothing about cars or engines. Took her for a ride and she figured it felt like a different vehicle.

In short im blown away by the difference it makes. I hope to see similar results in fuel mileage.

Yes @samobius it makes a difference. Highly recommend.
Thanks @CharlesHS for the reccomendation. This is why I love this forum.

Wow.

After a long 2 weeks of waiting, I received my full set of remanufactured 4 hole injectors from k suspension. I swapped them out with no issue.

Also dropped my oil which was only 500kms old because of gas in the oil. This was painful as I'm running fully synthetic oil and its not cheap.

Anyway having done that I primed the system and turned it over. She coughed a bit but straightened out after about 10 seconds.

Backed it out of the driveway and immediately noticed a sharper smoother throttle response. I got goosebumps as I opened it up on the road. I had no idea it could move like that. Blown away by the increase in power.

Got home and told my wife to listen to it idle. She noticed the difference right away. Keep in mind she knows next to nothing about cars or engines. Took her for a ride and she figured it felt like a different vehicle.

In short im blown away by the difference it makes. I hope to see similar results in fuel mileage.

You are welcome...
This forum was started.... to help members repair their Jeeps.

Reactions: Josh Harder
Wow.

argh! I've been spending so much money and now I want to do this too! I've always had a bit of a lumpy idle. I wonder if that oo could be my injectors.

argh! I've been spending so much money and now I want to do this too! I've always had a bit of a lumpy idle. I wonder if that oo could be my injectors.
If you think they are leaking, i would pull them. Very easy to check with the paper towel method.

Wow.

I finally pulled the trigger and replaced my injectors. She starts instantly every. single. time now hot or cold. It also really smoothed out my idle; no more sputtering. I can't say I notice much change in the acceleration/power but that wasn't really a problem I was trying to solve. I'm happy 🤘

Reactions: Josh Harder
So, I have been doing a little research and along with the education here am planning on replacing my injectors as well. My question is: how do you decide between the 4 port or the 12 port? It seems from some videos that the volume output is the same between them over time, and one would expect that the 12 port atomizes the fuel better, but looking for some practical experience here.

So I ordered a set of 6 - 4 port injectors from K-Suspension ($120)! They arrived earlier than expected (less than a week) which was a nice surprise. Unfortunately my summer is booked and I have no weekends to install these until November. I am having a shop near me install them tomorrow, hopefully everything goes well with the install. I am pretty pumped to run it after they are installed based on what I've been reading here and on some YouTube videos and from K-Suspension. My '04 has been pretty hard starting this summer with the heat and humidity, so I'm hoping for a major improvement. I'll keep you all posted on the outcome!
Injectors.jpg