Are where your Jeeps tires manufactured important to you?

no way i'd have tires made in Canada !!!!
Please explain.

With the huge amount of auto parts that are made in Canada and cross over the border into Detroit, there's a lot more Canadian components in vehicles on the road in the US than most people realize.

Hating manufacturing in Canada because all the cool kids are doing it is not a good enough reason.

Please explain.

With the huge amount of auto parts that are made in Canada and cross over the border into Detroit, there's a lot more Canadian components in vehicles on the road in the US than most people realize.

Hating manufacturing in Canada because all the cool kids are doing it is not a good enough reason.

But Trudeau's dad was named Fidel. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: R49 and Obi-Wan
Please explain.

it was a joke ! i run hankook tires myself. i buy tires by price and how long they last....

Reactions: Obi-Wan and L J
Please explain.

Just calm down already. I don't give a shit where your tires are made, I just wanted to point out that the US isn't the only non 3rd world shithole being run by a fuckwit.

In today’s advanced world, country of origin -as a whole (note that) does not affect quality- the knowledge travels -

The ethics of getting what you asked for matters

Buying American is good for our jobs- but many foreign cars are built here now -

For me it would not be a deal killer- Duratracs ride and drive good but aren’t the upper echelon of tires off road anyway, and probably are as good at any plant -
I understand the same technology, raw materials, manufacturing process and equipment/machinery used is the same across the board no matter which plant location produced the tires.
Yes, getting what I asked for is important. A better attempt to fulfill my request would have been appreciated.
I prefer to buy American/Made in the USA when the choice exists providing it is a quality product and what I need. Supporting American jobs and American families is also important to me.
I realize better options in tires may exist, the selection and choices seem endless. Anyone asking what they should get leads to pages of suggestions and opinions of why I should get what they're running.
I have used more than a few brands and models of tires in near 40 years of Jeeps and 4x4 PU's. I don't consider these the best choice in off road tire but do expect it to be a good combination of things. I have read/heard good things about this tire over the years. This is a DD and will see far more road miles than off road, I live in New England so a Triple Peak rated winter tire is also at the top of the list along with wet weather driving.

Trudeau is a fuckwit's fuckwit so no, that would not be the least bit acceptable. Send those fuckers back and get some real imported tires, none of that north of the border crap.
Political opinions and banter aside, any comment on the tire or company
when i buy tires the 1st question on my list is how much are they ? 2nd is are they round ? 3rd is is there any tread left on them ? 4th is do they hold air ? 5th do they fit my vehicle ? 6th is where are they made ? no way i'd have tires made in Canada !!!!
was having a password issue with my tablet for the last day and see you have clarified this
I wouldn’t care where my tires came from, actually never gave it a thought. But I am not a fan of duratracs at all, I sold a set almost new I hated them that much!
Interested in finding out more, what are the specifics
I’m curious what your reason is behind your desire for an American made tire. Is it an economic one? Or more of an ethical one? Do you feel there is a different standard of practice with the tire? I guess the reason I ask is even an American made tire wouldn’t be sourced stateside,
Materials would still be coming from overseas.
Answered above

Reactions: Woodrow
Thanks @Dave/99TJ, I think this is a topic worth thoughtful discussion as many of us here buy lots of stuff for our rigs. The short answer is, yes, it matters to me.

I don't assume quality is inherent to place of origin. There are many high and low quality parts and materials from the US and abroad. And forums like this can be useful in sorting out what's good.

It makes sense to me that anyone would support their local economy when they can. So as an American, I usually try to buy American. I don't think we are close to perfect, but I also try to avoid purchasing goods from places which treat us or their own people poorly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70
Putting all the political BS aside - I think you should get some from USA. No point in having something bother you for the next few years when riding on those tires if you can avoid that.

Reactions: Blondie70