Are you a 'motorcyclist'?

Head Lice

TJ Addict
The land of 'salmon & grizzlies' ....... BC
Day Tripper or Long Rider .........
Are you the 'shorts, flip-flops, no gloves' rider on the bling bike ?
Or, the 'chap/jacketed, bug splattered, high miler' on the road/rode bike ?
Photos ...... :D
IMG_0131.JPG
IMG_0140.JPG

Very cool! I've owned more motorcycles than I can count on both hands. Everything from Harley's to Ducatis!

Reactions: Scott B.
I have been scanning guzzi california's for a couple years, I would want a Stone. I have to sell something before I buy another. Would you recommend it as a fun reliable ride?

The California is a reliable fun to ride machine. I've got over 66000 mi on my jackal. Bought it new in '01 (it's a '00 model).

Day Tripper or Long Rider .........
Are you the 'shorts, flip-flops, no gloves' rider on the bling bike ?
Or, the 'chap/jacketed, bug splattered, high miler' on the road/rode bike ?
Photos ...... :DView attachment 18485 View attachment 18486

I like my skin too much to ride unprotected. I am mostly a local rider, but I have put in a lot of long miles on occasion.

20151121_123439.jpg
2015 HD Fatboy.jpg

I used to be a biker - I started out with a simple Yamaha 650 twin because I have always been an anglophile and a fan of British iron and the Yamaha is a copy of the Triumph Bonneville. Then I dove In head first and bought a '71 Norton Commando which I later found out that it was a bastardised '72 Combat model frame with an older '71 motor. When it ran well it was a dream. But the twin gremlins of Lucas electrics and any and all fluid leakages made me consider something else... Such as a Jeep! - still a hands on project vehicle, but in general much easier to work on.

Reactions: Scott B.
I missed out on motorbikes in my youth and didn't get my first until I was 17, had bike for close to 20 years.
Dirt bikes, road bikes to big cruisers. I think I've had them all.

Over the years I noticed it was easier for people to get drivers licenses and with the distractions of modern technologies near misses were becoming more and more common.

It didn't really think about it too much until my wife fell pregnant. I had a new responsibility in my life and needed to reduce the risk to ensure I would be there to support my family.

One day I will return to a bike, but it will be many years off.

I'm on the lookout for a project bike to build up into a scrambler that I will stretch out over a long period ready for that day.

Reactions: GTboosted
As you may have heard ..... marijuana will soon be legal in Canada.
There isn't any definitive procedure to test for impairment .... yet.
There isn't a threshold point for impairment.
Combined with the 'driving-texting' drivers, and lack of real enforcement for such, the road has become a more hazardous place.
Have been riding for decades ..... long rides.
Age becomes a factor also.
The odds just aren't with me anymore.
At a 'fork in the road' now .......

Thoughts on the upheaval at Harley-Davidson ..... ?