Are you just tired?

InOmaha

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
I'm getting tired of everything around me.

I finished taxes and they added $300 for medicare to others. Ukraine gets thousands. I get up at 5 am to work and our debt goes up to 30 T in a heart beat.

Yet everyone blames me. If I could find a couple productive acres on a place where nobody could touch me, I'd take it over the lottery. Which would take 3/4ths of it in taxes.

Tune out and screw the world.

Sorry, I'm in a good mood today.

I feel your pain man. You can see how tired I am by my activity in the political sub-forum.

Raising three young kids in today's modern society sucks. I mean it really, really sucks!

I love them with all my heart but when I look around and see the morally pernicious and truly evil things they're pushing on children these days, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

My family and I would love nothing more than a large plot of land with a house on it in a more rural area. Of course that won't happen anytime soon because interest rates, housing markets, etc.

Taxes keep going up, we're funding a war that most of us don't want to spend a dime on, and our "betters" keep lecturing us about things that no one cares about instead of focusing on the actual issues that affect us.

One thing is for sure, the founding fathers would be rolling in their graves if they saw the sad, abject, and morally pernicious cesspool that this country has turned into.

As much as it pains me to say, what this country needs is either a large war or some very hard times in order to create strong men who have real courage.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create soft men, soft men create hard times.

We are at the final stage of that revolving door.

I finished taxes and they added $300 for medicare to others. Ukraine gets thousands. I get up at 5 am to work and our debt goes up to 30 T in a heart beat.

Yet everyone blames me. If I could find a couple productive acres on a place where nobody could touch me, I'd take it over the lottery. Which would take 3/4ths of it in taxes.

I'm in california.......i wish i had a penny for every angry lowlife that blames me for their stupid choices and then wonders why we can't be friends.white males are the minority.so what does that make them?

I just finished my taxes too.ukraine is in last place for my angry protests.sacramento is a lot closer

I'm one of those that takes things in stride and rolls with the punches. But not Mike Tyson punches.

Lately everything bugs me. I realized the little things aren't bothering me, it's everything else and shows up in the little things. Can't watch a movie, can't watch TV, can't drink alcohol, can't do your actual job, can't read a paper, blah, blah, blah.

I started gardening last year to ground me. Plants remind me that biology exists and real life is not politics. There are no trans plants in my garden. No technology either. But the government will probably take that away, because we can't have anything nice.

Large meteor 2024 is my party.

Last edited:

I have low-T.

I honestly don't know what to think. I'm 32, and it seems many of these "once in 100 year" events keep happening. I've lived through two recessions, global pandemic, etc. I don't have any kids, have always wanted them, but not sure I would even feel comfortable trying to raise them in this world.

With that said, sure things are going sideways in many ways, but social media and the news also glorifies that stuff more than ever. I don't watch TV or the news anymore, try to stay out of politics with friends and family, and focus on hobbies.

Kids are all raised, now we are helping Dad take care of mom. Most likely in the next 6 months it will be us taking care of just my dad.

No garden this year, no spare time. Maybe a few tomatoes and a row or 2 of corn and that will be it.

Both daughters have chickens and keep us in eggs so there is that.

Paid in more taxes last year than ever and still owe the feds and state both.

Hate what this once great nation has become, hate all the crap that is going on, shootings, trans beer and drag shows for kids, normal is out and abnormal is the thing now.

I feel like it's time for another tea party, except it will be a beer party.

Tired of the weirdos trying to tell me I'm the weird one.

I could go on, but we as a group have let it get this way by turning the other cheek/blind eye and allowing this to happen to the once greatest nation on earth!!!!!

My Canada is in the same trouble as your United States . . . . the middle class is getting squeezed and milked out of existence.
I'm not just tired of it, I'm p!ssed-off and very angry . . . .

What will haunt me for the rest of my life (I'm in the home stretch) is the debt our government is passing on to our children and theirs. Our Liberal/NDP government is totally out of control with its "we can't afford to not do it" attitude. Oh yes we can!

I honestly don't know what to think. I'm 32, and it seems many of these "once in 100 year" events keep happening. I've lived through two recessions, global pandemic, etc. I don't have any kids, have always wanted them, but not sure I would even feel comfortable trying to raise them in this world.

With that said, sure things are going sideways in many ways, but social media and the news also glorifies that stuff more than ever. I don't watch TV or the news anymore, try to stay out of politics with friends and family, and focus on hobbies.

I'm right there with ya. I'm 32 as well and my wife and I keep questioning whether or not to have kids. We were trying to by land in the mountains and moving away but with cost of everything increasing, it put that dream on hold for now.