Colorado Argentine Pass - 2019/09/02

rasband

Dickhead 🍆
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
@jodomcfrodo is visiting CO and is extending his trip to enjoy more of CO.

We are meeting at the Kum & Go in Golden at 9:30MT, leaving by 9:50 - 18465 W Colfax Ave, Golden, CO 80401.

The trail is rated moderate, so other than a stock TJ/LJ - it doesn't look to require much.

Expected Rigs (updated as seen):
* @jodomcfrodo
* @rasband

Last edited:
Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Enjoy. That's a pretty trail, nothing difficult. Be sure to focus on the road as you get closer to the top as it narrows and the chance of driving up the high side increases (roll over).

Reactions: rasband
Anyone know a good hardware store on the way up / the size of the bolt from the main skid into the frame? I’ve been losing some hardware off the UA even though I tightened them down with the impact after getting into Denver. Guess I need to keep checking them more frequently...

Anyone know a good hardware store on the way up / the size of the bolt from the main skid into the frame? I’ve been losing some hardware off the UA even though I tightened them down with the impact after getting into Denver. Guess I need to keep checking them more frequently...

I picked mine up from Ace. Keep them torqued to 55 ft lbs (IIRC). Do you have the spacers installed?

There's a Home Depot not too far from Golden (if there isn't also one in Golden) - the sizes tanks to Jerry on WF (https://www. WF .com/f282/tj-skid-plate-bolts-2117049.html#post31097361)

It was 1/2x13 Grade 5 through 2002. Starting in 2003 they switched to a metric, M12x1.25 Grade 8.8 or 10.9.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
Put a real wrench on those bolts.:)

Yeah, I’m a bit of a fool. I remember changing the battery in my Milwaukee right afterwards... I’m assuming it wasn’t really doing much. I’ll fix the philips in the middle tonight after I get back.

I need to learn to tighten things down!

Argentine was great today! Wish I was able to get closer to the mines, but the scenery was great nonetheless!

728EB111-CFF6-4FCA-AE62-7A9D8638A870.jpeg

87BDC1C5-C4C4-450A-BB57-B1DF0B08B2BD.jpeg

15E3FD45-1345-4855-86B6-DB5D493202E4.jpeg

Reactions: tworley and rasband