Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Most definitely with the other guy. ;)

The bolted connection needs to pass through the crossmember. The factory welded nuts, at best and if they are kept, become a spacer.
Sweet I’ll just get some longer bolts and another nut and washer for the bottom. Then the welded nut is just a spacer.

Reactions: jjvw
And exactly an inch less down.

How does the shock body interact with the frame at full stuff?
Yep! That’s on purpose. I previously had 4 up and 5.5 down. Now I have 5 up and 4.5 down. Much happier with that. Shock body does not interact with anything at full stuff

Reporting back after driving the Jeep and it is a tremendous difference in ride quality having 5 inches of uptravel instead of 4. I didn’t think I would notice it on the road but I felt like I was in a luxury vehicle now with 5 inches uptravel front and rear

Reporting back after driving the Jeep and it is a tremendous difference in ride quality having 5 inches of uptravel instead of 4. I didn’t think I would notice it on the road but I felt like I was in a luxury vehicle now with 5 inches uptravel front and rear
Shocks matter. Fit matters. Most don't understand that.

Shocks matter. Fit matters. Most don't understand that.
Your build thread taught me more about suspension than any other resource out there. My girlfriend probably hates you because my nose was buried in your thread for like a month nonstop 😂

• Haha
@jjvw @ranger101 i ran new bolts up through the bottom and nylon nut on top so they are bolted on both sides. 50mm bolts are a little long but they will work since I need it for wheeling today.
85959507-73C6-4015-A2C7-5A0061A194C1.jpeg

Finally got around to putting this guy on. A nice tip is tapping threads through the bumper so you don’t have to pull pull the whole bumper off to install.
View attachment 174331
Tapping is a good idea. My steering box skid only has one bolt to the bumper. I’m thinking of adding another. I think all I have to do is drill a hole and add a bolt.