Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

I will go against the grain here and say Bedrug is not worth the money. I say that as someone that has had it for 3-4years. The PO of my jeep had dogs and no amount of cleaning/detailing could get the smell out entirely. I bought the bedrug after reading all the glowing reviews here and when I got it, I was like "that's what people raving about online? why?"

It looks nice, but it is very lightweight and kinda feels like foam. It will not insulate heat or noise much at all by itself. It is easy to vacuum out since it doesn't have a pile like a carpet does (which is why it dries out easy if rained or spilled on). If I were to do this again, I will go 100% with a good quality carpet and take it to a upholstery shop to get it installed properly.

Strongly recommend that you physically see a jeep with the bedrug installed before deciding to purchase. At the very least get a sample from them if they do that, don't remember if they do that.

Not going against any grain over here. I wouldn't install that crap if you gave it to me.

Reactions: psrivats
What’s your preference in flooring for a rig that sees a LOT of dust?

If the only preference is resistance to dust, then a good spray in bedliner that is not the DIY crap. If you have other requirements, that answer sucks.

The issue with good bedliner is it doesn't stay looking nice for long but it is very durable and dust won't hurt it. If you use Line-X and can get the spray monkey to not mist it, the finish will be less aesthetically pleasing but much easier to clean.

The only good thing about Bedrug is they are exceptionally durable and easy to remove. None of the ones we've installed fit all that well and I always have to run in some screws in several places to stop it from looking like total crap. It is a very light short napped material. Little to no sound deadening and they color choice is terrible. One color, take it or leave it.

my bed liner grabs and holds dusty dirt. the thought was to be able to just hose it out every now and then but i never have, to get it clean i actually have to wipe it down, which is a PITA because of the texture. being a cheap ass i tried the roll in DIY stuff and it's not as clean as spray in appears when shot. with a roller your pulling the media up as the roller pulls away and it leaves more texture,
not something i think i'd ever try again.......at most maybe shoot the floor and under the doors, definitely not the rear tub walls and wheel wells ever again and spray it in , no more roller crap.

Reactions: tworley
If the only preference is resistance to dust, then a good spray in bedliner that is not the DIY crap. If you have other requirements, that answer sucks.

The issue with good bedliner is it doesn't stay looking nice for long but it is very durable and dust won't hurt it. If you use Line-X and can get the spray monkey to not mist it, the finish will be less aesthetically pleasing but much easier to clean.

The only good thing about Bedrug is they are exceptionally durable and easy to remove. None of the ones we've installed fit all that well and I always have to run in some screws in several places to stop it from looking like total crap. It is a very light short napped material. Little to no sound deadening and they color choice is terrible. One color, take it or leave it.
Sounds a lot like a pick your poison type of deal. I would want something that is at least as good as stock carpet at sound deadening, doesn’t add weight, and somewhat easy to clean. But I may be asking for too much

Sounds a lot like a pick your poison type of deal. I would want something that is at least as good as stock carpet at sound deadening, doesn’t add weight, and somewhat easy to clean. But I may be asking for too much

Regardless of who says differently, the DIY spray in stuff costs more than having Line-X done if you achieve the same build thickness. At best, 3 coats of the DIY won't even come up to the thickness of a business card. That is less than one fast pass of the Line-X gun and they shoot thinner to save material than others do.

I don't mind vacuuming OEM carpet and it takes a lot of abuse.

I did the uPol raptor liner stuff on the bottom of my tub. It actually sheds the mud and shit pretty well with a pressure washer. I don't know how thick the film build is, but I've been pretty happy with it in my wheel wells.

Regardless of who says differently, the DIY spray in stuff costs more than having Line-X done if you achieve the same build thickness. At best, 3 coats of the DIY won't even come up to the thickness of a business card. That is less than one fast pass of the Line-X gun and they shoot thinner to save material than others do.

I don't mind vacuuming OEM carpet and it takes a lot of abuse.

Agree. The 26 year old original (I think) carpet in my ‘97 has a stain or 2 but seems really durable. I pulled it out, power washed it and let it dry in the sun last year. An amazing amount of dirt came out but it withstood the high pressure water and still looks good and cleans up well with a shop vac. It also fits. So no screws or adhesive on the tub.

I still like the BedRug. It’s easy to clean. Easy to remove. My fitment was fine. No cutting. It doesn’t provide much sound deadening or heat block, but it tends to stay clean, is easy to vacuum, et al. I also have WeatherTech fitted floor covers.

When I wheel in dusty areas, putting the top on has been the best deterrent. That doesn’t work for everyone, but it’s sometimes an option.

Agree. The 26 year old original (I think) carpet in my ‘97 has a stain or 2 but seems really durable. I pulled it out, power washed it and let it dry in the sun last year. An amazing amount of dirt came out but it withstood the high pressure water and still looks good and cleans up well with a shop vac. It also fits. So no screws or adhesive on the tub.

Same experience. I couldn’t believe how much mud came out of mine when I washed them.

Reactions: Woodrow
I think if I lived out west with less rain then I see here I would just replace/run factory carpet. I needed to replace mine when I bought because the hard top window leaked from PO parking it outside. The retained moisture in the factory carpet over the extended period started to create small surface rust spots.

I made a compromise for sound deadening for something that didn't retain water or the elements and wasn't a spray in bed liner.

I don't mind the black color since half the trim in my later lj is black anyway along with the roll bar padding.

Plus that carpet weights more so tj is likely .0000015% faster now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Irun
I did the uPol raptor liner stuff on the bottom of my tub. It actually sheds the mud and shit pretty well with a pressure washer. I don't know how thick the film build is, but I've been pretty happy with it in my wheel wells.

Where you live .. anything to prevent the rust demon is good.

I know that the ICON 4x4 guys always use what they call "heat cured polyurea" coatings in and out in their Landcruiser resto mods. They apply this stuff on the new tubs they get from Aqualu industries and also the original ones that they acid dip and prep. Some research revealed that it is their lingo for Line-X :)

Driving the Jeep to Blaine’s house to pick up some goodies tomorrow 😁
E3AF1B80-D625-4A43-B501-E52B48037DDA.jpeg