Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

I like the Savvy doors for what you get. I'm not running a soft top. They would just be for the summer. Plus, they are 6061 and the latch is convenient up front as well as option for OEM hinges and mirrors. WA requires two mirrors total. I usually take the doors off in the summer and run one mirror, but I'm risking it. With these I would be legal and could quickly remove that mirror for trail runs. Nice!

I was a softie for a spell. Just too dang noisy on long trips. Ideal setup IMO, would be factory half doors with hard upper sliders.
View attachment 199063

I like the half doors + slider combination a lot. Going to try running them at least for a short while this winter and see how they I like them in the cold/rain. They are definitely noisier than full doors. The window "lock" mechanism from bestop does not seem too robust, cheap plastic parts that *will* break one day.

What I do wish I had is non-tinted softtop side/rear windows. It's bit of a pain at night time.

PXL_20201025_223838102.jpg

I can confirm savvy doors are really nice. Especially with late model mirrors.

Reactions: JMT
I like the half doors + slider combination a lot. Going to try running them at least for a short while this winter and see how they I like them in the cold/rain. They are definitely noisier than full doors. The window "lock" mechanism from bestop does not seem too robust, cheap plastic parts that *will* break one day.

What I do wish I had is non-tinted softtop side/rear windows. It's bit of a pain at night time.

View attachment 199247
I can see that coming from the land of battleship grey skies. I have to have tinted windows. I also haul the pup on occasion, so the tinted windows keep her cool.

Repainting the inside panels of my half doors. They looked to be repainted when I got them and the color was slightly off. SEM graphite 15303 seems to match my agate interior extremely well but will know better when I take it out of the garage. For anyone hesitant to paint the interior don’t be! The SEM paint sprays really lightly which made it really easy. I prepped with a scotch brite pad, simple green, and bulldog adhesive promoter.
352A88E7-BD39-40CB-B5E3-9ADF44C85E41.jpeg

View attachment 199247
Make sure the door surrounds fit correctly. Noise won't be too bad. I have these for summer. Switch to full doors and it is quieter for obvious reasons.

After getting a closer look the SEM 15303 is a decent match but not exact to the agate. It’s a touch lighter. I would probably try a different color if I were to do it again but it’s definitely close enough for me

For sure! I wouldn’t want to run a hard rear flare. Makes me want corner armor though!
Corner armor would not be a bad thing, especially if that is the terrain you frequent. Your wheeling style is similar to mine. I battle with the 5 speed as well, and tend to take it really, really slow, and keep a hand on the park brake lever when it gets sporty.

Reactions: starkey480
The first trail Chris was there and the second trail was just my dad and I because @Chris was having some technical difficulties with the Jeep that morning.

Technical difficulties :unsure: :unsure:

The trails do look pretty gnarly .. It's awesome watching you guys take your jeeps there.

Reactions: Chris
Corner armor would not be a bad thing, especially if that is the terrain you frequent. Your wheeling style is similar to mine. I battle with the 5 speed as well, and tend to take it really, really slow, and keep a hand on the park brake lever when it gets sporty.
Right now I’m battling the 5 speed, 231, and 4.56 gears with 35s. It’s not ideal that’s for sure. I would love to put 5.13s in next time I have some money burning a hole in my pocket. The hand throttle is a saving grace for me right now

While I might fair a little better with my 4.56 gears and 33's, I surely would have struggled with many of those high clearance obstacles, where your 35's shined. I'd get hand throttle, but I just don't wheel that harder stuff much anymore, and can do without the clutter inside. I sure do enjoy watching you desert dwellers wheel in the winter while us left coasters are stuck inside.

Reactions: starkey480