Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Got her all bolted on!

E7AA6D85-2DF9-4626-9F44-F0B655DE26B1.jpeg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Latest upgrade - found a spartan locker for the Dana 30 brand new on Craigslist for $150 but seeing as the previous owner put a truetrac in the front I needed an open carrier that could fit 4.56 gears to put the locker in. @ImpactOrange sold me his old one and now I’m finally locked front and rear! Got lucky and didn’t have to re shim anything putting in the new carrier. Can’t wait to to test it in the rocks.

Hey bud,

do you have a link or info on those headlights you purchased & did you have to install a relay/mod wires to it?

Thanks a lot brotha!

Been browsing the market & looking for some lights that actually illuminate the road for a blind ass like myself, lol!

Reactions: starkey480
Thanks a lot brotha!

Been browsing the market & looking for some lights that actually illuminate the road for a blind ass like myself, lol!
Combo of these and the LED fogs and the road is clear as day. My dad has all stock lighting and his look like a tiny flashlight compared to mine haha.

Just learned how to polish and damn she looks good. Cleaned all the crap off with some detailing clay and then used a harbor freight Bauer Dual Action polisher and some 3D Speed All in one polish on a foam pad also from harbor freight. The paint literally looks brand new I’m blown away by the results

A75E51B5-1513-4C14-BE7E-0E8C031076FC.jpeg

Last edited:
well I decided that while I really want a tummy tuck and Currie lift I should be saving for a house right now... there’s plenty of stuff I can do with my 3 inch lift still. But to compromise a little bit with myself I went ahead and got some Rancho 5000X shocks that fit my lift much better as my old Bilstein 5100s were way too short. I got the Ranchos for a 2-3 inch lift or sometimes advertised as 2.5” and they fit my 3 inches of lift, 1.25” inch body lift, and 33s perfectly with 1 inch bumpstop extension up front and none in the back. I cycled my suspension and at bumpstop contact there is exactly 1 inch of shock left in both front and rear. The shocks also droop to just when my front coils start to unseat but no further. It’s like they were made for my setup lol.
D06FB89D-FB75-4E5E-99A9-337B6C4EFFCE.jpeg

The ride quality on road is noticeably different from my bilsteins but not by a massive amount. Definitely softer.

The tummy tuck may be on hold for a while so I can save but is inevitable and I’ll post when I get it!

Why not wheel it like it is for a while and make that house your next life mod? The next jump to 35’s is an expensive one and it can be full of surprises. You might find that all you need is a good skid plate and some diff covers underneath. Just my $.02

Edit: btw love that color.

Reactions: tnjeepguy
Why not wheel it like it is for a while and make that house your next life mod? The next jump to 35’s is an expensive one and it can be full of surprises. You might find that all you need is a good skid plate and some diff covers underneath. Just my $.02

Edit: btw love that color.
Yeah that’s the plan and why got the correct size shocks for my 3 inch lift so I can compromise and enjoy it the way it is for a while. I always struggle with that because I want to go do the gnarliest stuff I can. Just the way my brain works growing up riding motocross, surfing, skating, and now a professional track athlete I struggle with staying stagnant always wanting to improve. But now improvement just costs a lot haha so I’ll exhaust the trails I can do the way it is for a while

Edit: oh and another life mod I’m working on is learning to weld. My dad has a welder but isn’t really experienced so just going to self learn. Made my first welds for some simple 90 degree brackets to hang stuff on in the garage yesterday. So if anyone has any tips for a barely knows anything welder I’m all ears!
3713EFF6-12EF-4FE0-889C-E5616B73184E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney