Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

been seeing a lot of slider tops for 1/2 doors lately on FB. most askin 350-500$. as much as a dam set of doors is really.

When attempting to put in my new to me 04 seats I realized they did not have the seatbelts on them and the old style seatbelts won’t fit them either. Finally picked some used seatbelts up off Craigslist and also got my Buchanan 1.5” seat risers in the mail today so it’s finally time to install!
View attachment 250577
I know these are just seat risers but they are top notch quality. Similar to the difference between a savvy body lift and other brands. Comes with nice new hardware as well. Hopefully my short ass can see over the hood with these!
Glad you got the Buchanan’s so @mrblaine didn’t chew your ass out like he did me in 2017. 😉

See that would dissuade me. I’m wanting to be weight conscious
I have 18 square feet of some Noico stuff and I can hold it all in one hand and hardly know it’s there. Of course, I’m just going to do the firewall and the console area.

I have 18 square feet of some Noico stuff and I can hold it all in one hand and hardly know it’s there. Of course, I’m just going to do the firewall and the console area.
Interesting. I will have to do more research. The guy that said it was 60 lbs definitely did every inch of his tub it appeared

Interesting. I will have to do more research. The guy that said it was 60 lbs definitely did every inch of his tub it appeared
I kept thinking about putting Noico in the foot wells and I thought, if water or something gets in there it’s going to be a nightmare. IDK, but seems like a bad idea. I want some new carpet too, maybe Bed Tred or Bed Rug or ACC cut pile. I wonder if they send out BedTred/Rug samples

Reactions: Tob
I kept thinking about putting Noico in the foot wells and I thought, if water or something gets in there it’s going to be a nightmare. IDK, but seems like a bad idea. I want some new carpet too, maybe Bed Tred or Bed Rug or ACC cut pile. I wonder if they send out BedTred/Rug samples
this was always my fear, definitely more relevant to you up in the PNW!

Reactions: JMT
this was always my fear, definitely more relevant to you up in the PNW!
We don’t have that water stuff here

I’d love to rip out all that Noico garbage from my TJ, unfortunately getting it out as one of us difficult tasks you’ll ever take on. I didn’t put it there, the previous owner did. I hate it

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
I’d love to rip out all that Noico garbage from my TJ, unfortunately getting it out as one of us difficult tasks you’ll ever take on. I didn’t put it there, the previous owner did. I hate it
As much as I think a carpet would be nice for sound deadening and a luxurious touch it is really nice just to hose down the jeep after a trip.

I don't think your amp would appreciate the moisture though.
20210118_090216.jpg
20210118_090235.jpg

As much as I think a carpet would be nice for sound deadening and a luxurious touch it is really nice just to hose down the jeep after a trip.

View attachment 251181View attachment 251182
I’ve thought about that. I also have an amp mounted under the seats so probably not in the cards for me. It can be annoying how much dust the carpet holds onto though.

Reactions: Tob

View attachment 251181View attachment 251182
I envy you. I don’t need to hose out the interior, but the sound deadening material is pointless in a vehicle like a TJ which is inherently loud as it is. It weighs a lot, it gets dirty, and it’s not easy to clean like the setup you have.

Because it’s heavy, it’s messy, and I think it’s absolutely unnecessary on a vehicle that is inherently loud. Once upon a time I thought it was cool, but not anymore. Even with the sound deadening material the TJ is still loud, because that’s just the nature of the beast. I have nothing against anybody who wants to use it for their own application, but for my intended use it’s a complete waste of money. I would love to take it out, but from everything I’ve read this stuff is damn near Impossible to remove without hundreds of hours of labor.

Reactions: voodooridr
Because it’s heavy, it’s messy, and I think it’s absolutely unnecessary on a vehicle that is inherently loud. Once upon a time I thought it was cool, but not anymore. Even with the sound deadening material the TJ is still loud, because that’s just the nature of the beast. I have nothing against anybody who wants to use it for their own application, but for my intended use it’s a complete waste of money. I would love to take it out, but from everything I’ve read this stuff is damn near Impossible to remove without hundreds of hours of labor.
Chris hates people who use noico sound deadening change my mind.
😂

Honestly, my LJ was pretty quiet with just a hard top. That convinced me that unless I run it again (which I won’t since I sold it), any further sound dampening really isn’t worth it.
Honestly mine is really quiet with the twill soft top as long as I have full doors on to help inflate it better

Honestly mine is really quiet with the twill soft top as long as I have full doors on to help inflate it better
I am so far impressed with my new bestop (whichever they make for the LJ). It’s much better than the previous one and I wouldn’t think twice about a long drive with it.