Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

45* mitered the rear end and beveled the edges
04CD7DE2-38F5-4194-98DE-C12192946D16.jpeg

just got my last piece on today........no rail yet. Savvy was nice enough to send enough extra bolts, i didn't have to mix phillip's heads and allen heads
it will tend to be slightly larger,
if possible lay panels back to back when finishing edges, unless the patterns have an obvious difference.

Reactions: JMT
just got my last piece on today........no rail yet. Savvy was nice enough to send enough extra bolts, i didn't have to mix phillip's heads and allen heads

if possible lay panels back to back when finishing edges, unless the patterns have an obvious difference.
Good idea.

Have you thought about adding those rails along the outer edge of the corner armor?
I’ve been debating whether to make my own rails along the side of the rear tub or whether to just buy the savvy rails so that I have the protection around the corner as well. It’s only $70 to make my own or ~$350 for savvy…

• Wow
Reactions: jjvw
I’ve been debating whether to make my own rails along the side of the rear tub or whether to just buy the savvy rails so that I have the protection around the corner as well. It’s only $70 to make my own or ~$350 for savvy…
If'n you can get em. It looks like several Savvy TJ/LJ parts are now out-of-stock and not even available for back order. 😔 I think I got the last LJ rub rails. Couldn't get the precut corner armor; had to get the blanks.
Screenshot_20210727-130927_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It's you can get em. It looks like several Savvy TJ/LJ parts are now out-of-stock and not even available for back order. 😔 I think I got the last LJ rub rails. Couldn't get the precut corner armor; had to get the blanks. View attachment 267783
Well that settles it then! I can always upgrade later. For $70 I’m okay with them being temporary

Are you going to work the edge of the Al panel to smooth them out a bit? File might work good for that.

Looking really good. You probably know, but if you used one panel to sketch the other and then cut on the line, it will tend to be slightly larger, so you have to accommodate for that extra ~1/16". You may have already test fit the panel and be in good shape.
We use a sharp scribe and just take out the line.

My idea for the tub rails is to use the same size aluminum rail I used for the flak jacket and just stop it before the corner. Sucks that the corner won’t be protected but it will still offer protection for instances like this
63716BAC-4CDD-41CE-BF5D-83548F06FDD0.png

Reactions: rasband
My idea for the tub rails is to use the same size aluminum rail I used for the flak jacket and just stop it before the corner. Sucks that the corner won’t be protected but it will still offer protection for instances like this
View attachment 267789
That was my thought as well, that it will suck not to make the bend around the corner, but it would be better than nothing, and the Savvy Rub Rails are pricey. Best scenario is to mitre them 45* on both ends IMHO. You could make a small rail on the back, but not sure how the mounting would work on such a narrow section. If you're bored, make me a set while you're at it. 😉 I've wanted the Savvy Rub Rails for a long time, but I've got higher priorities than the Jeep(s) so I just stay away from those situations. You can't do that very easily where you wheel. If you send me a set of yours I'll install them on my rig, or, if not, I'll make a set sometime. 😊

Last edited:
How much time do your estimate it will take you to build them?

Nothing when I enjoy doing it! Unless it’s not for me 😉
I used to say about older people, "I'm never going to pay some kids $50 to mow my yard, that's crazy!" Now I am those older people. How much? Just get some of that small stuff done so I can keep making money and having 5 minutes a day to rest. It's like you get more and more behind and you can never catch up.

Reactions: starkey480
might be the pic angle ...............did you check the end mitre vs opening the door? will the door strap keep it from contact on that end?

Reactions: starkey480