Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Starkey, Starkey, Starkey...... White Zip-Ties ??????

We need to work on your OCD :)

Just kidding. Really nice work.
Hahaha! My wife used all of my black ones for some project she was doing and replaced them with white ones. I thought about getting some black ones but frugal me beat ocd me I guess.

A big fat sharpie will do the trick

When I built the Hemi, I also had to build new hi-pressure hydro lines - and the bulk hose I picked up had this nasty white lettering...

Jeep - 5.7 Hemi 7-7-2017 640.JPG

So yeah, I'm a big fat sharpie fan as well.

Jeep - 5.7 Hemi 7-7-2017 641.JPG

Sharpie - the tool of the obsessive-compulsive :)

When I built the Hemi, I also had to build new hi-pressure hydro lines - and the bulk hose I picked up had this nasty white lettering...

View attachment 272928

So yeah, I'm a big fat sharpie fan as well.

View attachment 272929

Sharpie - the tool of the obsessive-compulsive :)
We don't use that stuff. We used to but we don't since it is called -6 but it is 5/16" which is -5. That and I don't like the shorter collars that grip the hose. I believe the correct application for it is air brake hoses.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Sub 100 degree weather for the foreseeable forecast means Jeep goes back to good weather mode. I think half doors, windows out, and top on is my favorite configuration.
EC18403F-DE0C-4D7C-9451-1AD9E053F431.jpeg

To celebrate the good weather we are going on the first wheeling trip of the season Thursday morning! Haven’t gone out in forever

Sub 100 degree weather for the foreseeable forecast means Jeep goes back to good weather mode. I think half doors, windows out, and top on is my favorite configuration.View attachment 280143
To celebrate the good weather we are going on the first wheeling trip of the season Thursday morning! Haven’t gone out in forever
That's my favorite configuration too.

Little recap on the last wheeling trip-
Brakes- the big brake kit is a HUGE upgrade off-road. My Jeep never really struggled with braking off road until I put the automatic in it. With the auto it was really tough to control coming down steep ledges. The big brake kit made such light work of the task I’m very happy.

Wheels - boy do I regret getting steelies when I first got the Jeep. These will absolutely need to be replaced eventually. My plan is to run them until they can’t be balanced anymore
147B8E98-89AD-4D45-8E0A-9954E421C226.jpeg

The Jeep performs incredibly right now and I’m very happy. My plan is to wheel it the way it is for the rest of the season barring fixing stuff. I feel like I’ve been playing catch up with the 35s since I got them and I finally feel that I’ve got a good reliable basic 35s build. Once I get a house I’ll probably start messing with midarms and outboard shocks and such. Unpopular opinion nowadays but I’m really happy with the ranchos off road. I have 5.25” uptravel in the front and 5” uptravel in the rear with rockjock bumpstops and it works really well for me.

I’m learning and playing around with suspension geometry a little bit as well. A savvy midarm would provide the complete fix and I would eventually like one but for now I’m experimenting as an educational experience. I raised the frame side UCA mount 3/4” which reduces static antisquat by another 20% on the calculator. That changes my AS from roughly 120% to roughly 100% and I say roughly because CoG is an estimate. Need more seat time to see how this works still and whether it improves hopping.

Last edited:
Brakes- the big brake kit is a HUGE upgrade off-road. My Jeep never really struggled with braking off road until I put the automatic in it. With the auto it was really tough to control coming down steep ledges. The big brake kit made such light work of the task I’m very happy.

Wheels - boy do I regret getting steelies when I first got the Jeep. These will absolutely need to be replaced eventually. My plan is to run them until they can’t be balanced anymore
View attachment 281042

The Jeep performs incredibly right now and I’m very happy. My plan is to wheel it the way it is for the rest of the season barring fixing stuff. I feel like I’ve been playing catch up with the 35s since I got them and I finally feel that I’ve got a good reliable basic 35s build. Once I get a house I’ll probably start messing with midarms and outboard shocks and such. Unpopular opinion nowadays but I’m really happy with the ranchos off road. I have 5.25” uptravel in the front and 5” uptravel in the rear with rockjock bumpstops and it works really well for me.

I’m learning and playing around with suspension geometry a little bit as well. A savvy midarm would provide the complete fix and I would eventually like one but for now I’m experimenting as an educational experience. I raised the frame side UCA mount 3/4” which reduces static antisquat by another 20% on the calculator. That puts my AS from roughly 120% to 100% and I say roughly because CoG is an estimate. Need more seat time to see how this works still and whether it improves hopping.
So... Are you running your LCA in the factory position on the frame side and lowered on the axle?

So... Are you running your LCA in the factory position on the frame side and lowered on the axle?
No nothing is factory.
LCA axle is raised 1 5/8”
LCA frame is lowered 1”
UCA axle is raised 2.5”
UCA frame is raised 3/4”

That gives 8.25” vertical separation at axle and 6.3” separation at the frame. Feels good on the road and worked on the one trail I did but not much data aside from that.

View attachment 281042

I’m learning and playing around with suspension geometry a little bit as well. A savvy midarm would provide the complete fix and I would eventually like one but for now I’m experimenting as an educational experience. I raised the frame side UCA mount 3/4” which reduces static antisquat by another 20% on the calculator. That puts my AS from roughly 120% to 100% and I say roughly because CoG is an estimate. Need more seat time to see how this works still and whether it improves hopping.

View attachment 281042

I’m learning and playing around with suspension geometry a little bit as well. A savvy midarm would provide the complete fix and I would eventually like one but for now I’m experimenting as an educational experience. I raised the frame side UCA mount 3/4” which reduces static antisquat by another 20% on the calculator. That changes my AS from roughly 120% to roughly 100% and I say roughly because CoG is an estimate. Need more seat time to see how this works still and whether it improves hopping.
What big brake kit did you use?