Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Different kind of 4 wheelin today

View attachment 382947

View attachment 382948

View attachment 382949
And let me tell you this is some TOUGH terrain šŸ¤£
View attachment 382950

Hereā€™s us today! About 18ā€ deep. Fun, but you canā€™t break through, so not much traction. šŸ˜¬

1861EC7E-3D72-49C7-A7C4-55193C86BB4B.png

• Wow
Reactions: starkey480
Whattya got there, like 4" of snow? It DOES get cold in milwaukee though, I'll give ya that. I spent about a year just north of there (Fond Du Lac) and there were some mornings my thermometer read 25-30 degrees below zero...fuckin burr, man!

We got about 6ā€ of snow last night. There was no snow yesterday!

Funny thing is I am pretty sure you wore this same coat in Moab in 60* weather... I assume you have a bunch more layers to make it work for this level!

Oh yeah I had on a bunch of layers lol. But tbh I still wear those layers in AZ when I coach at night. Fleece lined pants have been a great discovery for me

Iā€™ve got a lot of wheeling to do this winter and my seats still hurt my back after a hard day wheeling. Iā€™ve got a lot of trips planned in the next few months so ordering seats from PRP or similar wouldnā€™t solve that problem since they take so long. Plus Iā€™m not really ready to spend that kind of money. Today I found a single suspension seat on marketplace for $50 that essentially looks like a copy of PRP daily drivers. Most importantly the bolsters look relatively lower compared to a standard bucket seat and seem about on par with daily drivers with my hips sitting above the bolsters so I can use a lap belt. The foam is in perfect shape and the seat is very comfy. Just need to sew up the rip on the side and make some adaptor brackets to mount it to my existing seat base. It wonā€™t be the prettiest solution, but I will at the very least be comfortable and buy me time to figure out which seats I want to go with in the long run.

97F48694-DAEE-4A10-9873-5D1EE7F046EA.jpeg

Put my $50 seat in today. It feels good for $50 and will keep me happy until I order some prp seats. I might get some if they have a Christmas sale.
Installing this seat was easy

Remove stock seat from base.

Figure out where on the base the seat should go.

Drill holes in new seat to use the stock bolts and bolt holes in the base

626D74F1-F915-4055-A841-2790EF4FCE09.jpeg

Mount base
E94D6DDC-EDFE-4DBC-BAD2-00111AC03EB2.jpeg

Bend a piece of flat bar into an angled bracket for the seatbelt
0D5A0486-9F41-42FC-8DFC-9BF296B7022B.jpeg

Attach to base
365F836B-4EB9-48E5-9094-72D1543E4854.jpeg

And put back in jeep. This pic was from mock-up because lighting was terrible when I finished.
1F6FFAF4-AE7D-4023-8D0A-D95F43F1EA1D.jpeg

My assessment is that I like having some bolster there to hold me in. It feels great going around corners and I can already feel like I my body wonā€™t have to work as hard on the trail to stay stationary. Itā€™s much more comfortable than falling apart stock seats.

My other assessment is that I am 90% sure this is a kids seat lol. If I was any wider I would not fit, but I actually fit great in it. I am 5ā€™9ā€ 160 lbs so I am pretty small. The top of the headrest is slightly too short for me but I donā€™t ever use the headrest anyway.

All in all this will keep me happy for a short time and feels like a decent setup for $50 all in.

Put my $50 seat in today. It feels good for $50 and will keep me happy until I order some prp seats. I might get some if they have a Christmas sale.
Installing this seat was easy

Remove stock seat from base.

Figure out where on the base the seat should go.

Drill holes in new seat to use the stock bolts and bolt holes in the base

View attachment 383913
Mount base
View attachment 383916
Bend a piece of flat bar into an angled bracket for the seatbelt
View attachment 383917
Attach to base
View attachment 383920
And put back in jeep. This pic was from mock-up because lighting was terrible when I finished.
View attachment 383921

My assessment is that I like having some bolster there to hold me in. It feels great going around corners and I can already feel like I my body wonā€™t have to work as hard on the trail to stay stationary. Itā€™s much more comfortable than falling apart stock seats.

My other assessment is that I am 90% sure this is a kids seat lol. If I was any wider I would not fit, but I actually fit great in it. I am 5ā€™9ā€ 160 lbs so I am pretty small. The top of the headrest is slightly too short for me but I donā€™t ever use the headrest anyway.

All in all this will keep me happy for a short time and feels like a decent setup for $50 all in.

I never thought of bolster holding me in while off camber. Makes sense when you put it that way.

Your assessment is right on par. Using a seat to provide better stability means your muscles get the day off. The difference is noticeable after a long day on the trail. Looking forward to your report after the next wheeling trip!

I'm pretty sure that's the way they all fit. My buddy has that style of seat made by Corbeau and my first reaction was the same as yours. Really snug fit for a average size guy.

Reactions: starkey480 and RINC
Yup. Sometimes you'll see them hanging out in the fastener aisle at your local hardware store.

I like it. Seems much easier than trying to determine which tap/die to pull outšŸ˜…. Never seen one in any of the stores around here (aside from the store owned set chained to the bolt cabinets