Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Goodbye harbor freight ratchets 😎

7584C8ED-3F5E-4068-85E8-D623297FD6BF.jpeg

I bought a set of the GearWrench without the swivel heads last week. I’m really looking forward to these. On the tests they really shine, even compared to the pricey SKS and SnapOn stuff

I've had both the fixed and swivel head sets for years and they have held up extremely well

Started smelling something a little funny with the AC on.

View attachment 340308

Just scrolled through the entire thread and have enjoyed watching this build and you actually using it and enjoying it out on the trails!

This post caught my eye. Back a decade or more ago, JP Magazine (defunct mag now) ran an article on a solution / fire prevention from exactly what you have there. Power to the blower motor is run through the switch which can cause more amperage draw as the motor ages.

Solution is to install a relay that is activated by the blower switch (one at each speed setting) and the blower motor power is run directly through the relay. Similar to how headlight wiring kits are used to stop running the power to the headlights through the stalk switch.

Google search "jeep tj blower switch melt" will show you plenty of solution options and similar experiences to yours. Food for thought for piece of mind.

I tried it Garrett. Thanks to Super @DaveC for the video.
Thats pretty tough when it’s that wet and slick. Let me know the next time you want to try it and I’ll see if I can get out. Pole vault season has a month long break in March which hopefully means some wheeling soon

Reactions: RINC