Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

With this rear track bar mounted so high, our roll center is really up there... I'm thinking about running without the rear sway bar. Have you considered that?

Just spoke to Jason... He is in complete agreement, fwiw.

Last edited:
@Pressurized i don’t think it’s a good idea. The sway bars help the front and rear work together to stabilize the Jeep. Plus the rear sway bar won’t inhibit travel at all so there isn’t anything to gain from taking it out. I’m curious what Jason’s thoughts are though

Reactions: 01TJ-Blues
Do it! It transformed my jeep
We'll see how far I get this weekend. I have a trip planned for the weekend after mother's day (leaving the 13th). I want to have some de-bug time before I go too...I'm to the "big stuff" point. My dash is mostly installed, and I need to put in the fuel tank, re-install sliders, bolt the seats in, put the driver's fender on, hood, cowl panel, tailgate, tire carrier, check bumpstops because I added 3/4" spacers and new shocks, etc. I probably should make a list. Exhaust mods would be a killer...I have a bolt on turn down though....

Reactions: Alex01
We'll see how far I get this weekend. I have a trip planned for the weekend after mother's day (leaving the 13th). I want to have some de-bug time before I go too...I'm to the "big stuff" point. My dash is mostly installed, and I need to put in the fuel tank, re-install sliders, bolt the seats in, put the driver's fender on, hood, cowl panel, tailgate, tire carrier, check bumpstops because I added 3/4" spacers and new shocks, etc. I probably should make a list. Exhaust mods would be a killer...I have a bolt on turn down though....
I did mine with 4 90* bends and a few straight bits. Wasn't too bad but I do suck at welding the paper thin material. I lost about 7 decibels getting it to come out the rear.
20210328_091146.jpg
20210328_093321.jpg

I did mine with 4 90* bends and a few straight bits. Wasn't too bad but I do suck at welding the paper thin material. I lost about 7 decibels getting it to come out the rear. View attachment 245973View attachment 245974
I think mine should be a bit simpler, because I'm sticking with the short arms. I'm gonna need to do something soon anyway...mine is REALLY close to the passenger rear shock. I'm hoping it will be ok though. Its another time suck fab project that I don't need.

They are more stable without the sway bars with short arm geometry correction than a normal janky 4" lift is with both sway bars. I only run a front antirock in the softest setting on mine with mc springs and 14" travel shocks on all four corners. The light anti rock setting forces the rear springs to fully compress onto the 2" bumpstops and also allows the front to fully compress onto a 1" bumpstop. Without the front antirock, it won't max out the rear and with the stock rear on, I have to run the antirock in the 3rd/4th holes to get it to work decent, then it doesn't like to flex but it'll sure corner and can really handle some evasive maneuvers. If you are carrying a ton of gear in back, it'll help it flex with the sway bar in there.

The stock and walker 54227 tail pipes normally do not have Clearance issues. I've replace a bunch of careless exhaust shop jobs with the walker 54227 pipe to fix clearance issues.
I've used a banks as well without any issues. If you take it to an exhaust shop, yank the springs out and force them to build around the parts. Otherwise, they'll hurriedly run pipe right through pinch points without giving it any thought.

They are more stable without the sway bars with short arm geometry correction than a normal janky 4" lift is with both sway bars. I only run a front antirock in the softest setting on mine with mc springs and 14" travel shocks on all four corners. The light anti rock setting forces the rear springs to fully compress onto the 2" bumpstops and also allows the front to fully compress onto a 1" bumpstop. Without the front antirock, it won't max out the rear and with the stock rear on, I have to run the antirock in the 3rd/4th holes to get it to work decent, then it doesn't like to flex but it'll sure corner and can really handle some evasive maneuvers. If you are carrying a ton of gear in back, it'll help it flex with the sway bar in there.

The stock and walker 54227 tail pipes normally do not have Clearance issues. I've replace a bunch of careless exhaust shop jobs with the walker 54227 pipe to fix clearance issues.
I've used a banks as well without any issues. If you take it to an exhaust shop, yank the springs out and force them to build around the parts. Otherwise, they'll hurriedly run pipe right through pinch points without giving it any thought.
Good to know. Thank you.

Change of plans for Moab. Instead of driving up today we will be driving up tomorrow. My wife has some work stuff she has to take care of today. I’m curious if I could leave early enough tomorrow to catch some wheeling though.

Change of plans for Moab. Instead of driving up today we will be driving up tomorrow. My wife has some work stuff she has to take care of today. I’m curious if I could leave early enough tomorrow to catch some wheeling though.
Reach out to Team CoCo and see where we are midday on Saturday. Fins is easy to jump onto Are several points on sand flats road.

I’m heading up tomorrow as well. Are you driving the jeep or towing?

Driving the Jeep! This will be the first time I’ve ever driven it further than 1 hour away from home! Haha but I’m looking forward to it consider how well it drives nowadays
Me too! Well “me too” to driving it to Moab, the jeep has driven fully cross country twice, but this is the most hardcore trip it’ll have seen this far from home. 😬 Well See ya tomorrow then maybe!