Arizona Rock Crawling Daily Driver

Leave it to discount tire to always fuck up the inboard and outboard side of mounting my tires. My fault for not checking before I got home. Going to have to start giving them a list of to do’s.
Check that the inboard side is actually inboard
Don’t hammer on the first lug. These are lug centric wheels
Torque all the lugs to 100 ft lbs.
26 psi not 40
I had a great Discount Tire in Kerrville, TX, but the one in Spokane sucks. I can give them everything to the T and they still get it wrong. Once they even stole 6 of my stubby valve stems and threw them away. I went back and they said, oh, we thought those were old. I was like, what the hell are you doing digging in my cupholder? It's not like they were just laying around.

Another time I told them to use stick on weights only. They didn't use any stick on weights, they just clamped them on the back of the rim. I went back and they said it was a 23 day wait to get in.

I had to argue with the desk clerk once about torque specs. I said, I want 95ft/lbs. He said, we have to do 115. I said call the manager. The manager said, yeah, there's a range, it's 85-115, we can do 95. Duh shit! I know more about this than the tire guys.

It amazes me how much variance there are in Discount Tire locations, even ones not too far from each other...

The one by me gives me "Jeep Club" discounts all the time, always torques wheels to 90 ft-lbs (my preference), always nails the balance (and have even mounted, balanced poorly, dismount, remounted, rebalanced poorly, mounted, dismounted, rebalanced properly), always nails the orientation, and is super quick.

Now the DT that I went to in Scottsdale for a flat repair (they were the closest one) couldn't balance a nickel on a dining room table!!

Helping pops with his highline today
21572DC1-E22F-4B38-8B01-7ABB3D82DFF2.jpeg

I absolutely recommend the Noico. I stripped the vehicle and got it just about everywhere I could. I wish getting the dash out was a simple affair or I would've covered the entire firewall. I think that would've made it even better. With the seats out, I got it as high up as I could manage. It made a world of difference for sound even before getting around to putting the carpet back in. The vehicle felt less rickety and more solid. The sound when closing the tailgate also changed to a more expensive German car sound. I had saved about half a box that I was planning to use on the doors and on the backs of some interior pieces to try to eliminate some panel resonances. But the car was wrecked before I could finish. If you have the patience, I would take the dash out and get it on the higher parts of the firewall that are unreachable with it in. Or you could just keep some leftover material for when you have to remove the dash out of necessity and do it then. If you are the type who sprays out the tub, then this wouldn't be for you although you can use soup cans and leather punches to cut out perfect circle holes around all bolts and drainage plugs, which is what I did. The shipping weight is 27 lbs per box. One box should make a difference if you just address all key areas but to do it really well with full coverage, two boxes will be best.

I absolutely recommend the Noico. I stripped the vehicle and got it just about everywhere I could. I wish getting the dash out was a simple affair or I would've covered the entire firewall. I think that would've made it even better. With the seats out, I got it as high up as I could manage. It made a world of difference for sound even before getting around to putting the carpet back in. The vehicle felt less rickety and more solid. The sound when closing the tailgate also changed to a more expensive German car sound. I had saved about half a box that I was planning to use on the doors and on the backs of some interior pieces to try to eliminate some panel resonances. But the car was wrecked before I could finish. If you have the patience, I would take the dash out and get it on the higher parts of the firewall that are unreachable with it in. Or you could just keep some leftover material for when you have to remove the dash out of necessity and do it then. If you are the type who sprays out the tub, then this wouldn't be for you although you can use soup cans and leather punches to cut out perfect circle holes around all bolts and drainage plugs, which is what I did. The shipping weight is 27 lbs per box. One box should make a difference if you just address all key areas but to do it really well with full coverage, two boxes will be best.

28621C5B-39AB-4CB5-A2E5-C1AC8DA78534.jpeg

AC831759-3E52-4C17-BC6B-9098F2E69E64.jpeg